Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here on FV is a runescape player. I need friends. :)

If you are, you can add me, I'm songbirdtiff. :)

If I don't find some friends, I'm going to have to switch over to W.O.W.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well my hubby was playing Runescape until a few months ago. He wasn't pleased with a lot of the site changes so gave it up.

Maybe you can find some friends. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well my hubby was playing Runescape until a few months ago. He wasn't pleased with a lot of the site changes so gave it up.

Maybe you can find some friends. :)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have made some changes recently, but I haven't been playing long enough to notice, I think.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I played for awhile because my aunt and my dad were playing it, but I never did figure out how to find them online. I wasn't very good at that game anyway. It was tough to figure out.

We played WoW for awhile. Then my husband decided he wanted to try LOTRO and I wasn't going to pay for both so I switched too. Then he stopped playing altogether. I think it's actually cheaper than WoW, we only pay $10 a month but we've been playing since open beta.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My son and daughter are both members and play a good bit. I will find out what their names are and let you know.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
My son plays and said he will add you when he gets on tommorrow His name is maurer999.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
He couldn't wait until tommorrow. He added you.

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
I played Lord of the Rings online last year.
:) I have a lifetime membership to it. Let me know if any of you play!

I used to play WOW a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I play LOTRO on Silverlode. Same name. :laugh:

·
Registered
900 Posts
My 12yo son plays runescape a lot. He has a little clan of friends. I think a lot of them are the other 7th grade boys from his school, though. I'm guessing you may not want to join up with that crew. Take it from me, 12 and 13 yo boys can be pretty obnoxious. LOL.

My dad and brother are WOW players. I asked my brother about runescape and he told me it is mostly teenagers who can't afford to pay for WOW or whose parents won't let them. I was asking more about safety/security of my son while playing the game and he said it should be fine. He does a lot of online gaming, so he would probably know better than me. ;) DS can't get online from his bedroom, so we can monitor his online activities from the family room.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DS is a paid member and his name is GuitarHeroRO and DD is Kittar. They both said feel free to add them.

I hope I spelled their names right.

Don't know if it matters or not, but DS is a paid member and DD is not. She just does the free thing.

·
4,028 Posts
I'm in LOTRO on Arkenstone. Kinship is the Legends of Westwood and my character name is Aeldeth. I don't get on very often due to work outside the home. :(

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did look at LOTRO. It looks really neat. I'm just not sure I want to start over with another game. I did notice they have 14 days free, so I might just try it out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was looking specifically for adults who play, but there don't seem to be any. It's fun, but just like in life, I tend to keep to myself.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I asked my brother about runescape and he told me it is mostly teenagers who can't afford to pay for WOW or whose parents won't let them. .
Now I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I used to be a Runescape addict, LOL! ;) I rarely play anymore, but DH and I were both hooked on it for a while- DH even had a paid account.

Reactions: tbs727

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha! Good! I'm glad I'm not the only grown up who plays (or played). :) Now that schools out in most places it does seem like there are more kids on during the day which is when I play.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
My DS plays,but I doubt chatting with a 12 year old would be terribly interesting. :rolleyes:

--Michelle

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I did look at LOTRO. It looks really neat. I'm just not sure I want to start over with another game. I did notice they have 14 days free, so I might just try it out.
In the 14 day free trial, you're not allowed to send /tells for some reason. If you decide to try a server that one of us is on be sure to let 'em know here so they know to watch for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts