Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning there was news of a two car accident upcountry with five fatalities. I was (as I am sure many in Lahaina) anxious to find out the particulars since our HS had it's junior prom last night. The names of the victims were just announced....all 19-20 and two from Lahaina.

One of them was my student in second grade. During that year, when he and his younger sister could not get into their home, the bus driver helped them get in. They found their mother on the floor, dead from a heart attack.

It is all so sad and senseless. We've had too many in our little community in the past months.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm so sorry MM! It is so sad when things like this happen. It's especially difficult when those involved are so young just starting out in life. I'll pray for all involved.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
*hugs and healing* for you and your community!

·
4,028 Posts
Hugs to you and the community. What a horrible tragedy.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
As a former teacher, I understand. It hurts. I am so sorry.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm sorry.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Oh Marilyn..... I know how this hurts you. Prayers.......

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is always a fear of ours on prom night here too.
I'm so sorry this happened.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
So sorry to hear. Hugs and prayers for all.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
So very sorry. Sending prayers for you & your community. HUGS

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
So sad, we hold our breath here the night of prom, seems like there is always a tragic accident. I am so sorry, and will pray for healing for all involved.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mahalo friends. Of the six in the car that was split in half - only the driver survived and he was wearing his seat belt. In the other car, the two in the front seat were wearing their seat belts and have been released from the hospital. The woman in the back - no seat belt - still in the hospital.

Last week my DD's first sitter was killed in a freak motorcycle accident.

I am numb.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts