Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horrible day for us here today. I found one of our dogs dead this morning. SHe must have passed last night. She wasn't sick, or at least didn't appear sick. Always had great check ups.

This am i came out of my room to let them out, Ben and Trudy bounced right out the door, but Becky just laid there. Sound sleeper that she is, I nudged her with my sandal (usually that makes her mad and we tug-of-war with my shoe for a bit :D )and she didn't move, so i bent down to flick her ear off from over her eyes ( long-ish hairy ears, sort of floppy ears) and her ear didn't flick too easy. Then it dawned on me her eyes were open, and then I knew. She was stiff so it had to have happened sometime during hte night. Dh has Becky at the vet to find out what happened. She is 1 year and 2 months.

There has never been anything that they can get into, alway have soaps, chemicals cleaned up and put out of reach (i have toddlers too so I am vigilant about claeners and any chemicals being out away.)

:(

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry! I hope the other ones are ok.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so sorry Melissa !!!!!!!!!! What a sad day ! I hope you find out what it was....... Again I'm sorry !:(

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry. A sad day indeed.:hugz:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Oh Melissa, you have my heartfelt sympathy. :hugz:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your sympathies. It hasn't been a good pet month here as it was. The neighbors cat was found dead a few weeks back. Vet didn't find anthing wrong with her kitty. I have lost too many animals since we moved into this house, from rabid raccoon attacks and from viscious neighbor dogs. No more pets for us. We still have two dogs, two cats and three birds. But no more new animals. :(

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your precious furbaby. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, but just think of how happy she must be romping around in God's beautiful garden. I will keep you in my thoughts.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
So sorry to hear about your dog. What a sad thing to have happen to such a young dog. I hope you find out what caused it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
So sorry Melissa, she is in heaven probably making some kid very happy.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I hope you find out what happened. Sending lots of :hugz:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugz:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Oh, Melissa, that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts