Frugal Village Forums banner

Saddest Week I Can Remember

1K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Daphne 
#1 ·
To begin the week, after being 3 days late and sure I was pregnant, my period came. So, I was crying and SO disappointed because I'm never late and my temps (I do temperature charting) looked like I was pregnant. Apparently, the Boston trip threw my cycle out of whack. So, that begin my week on Sunday morning. I should have just stayed in bed for the rest of the week. Then, this morning Ben (our dog) bit Rob and now he has to go. He bit him 3 years ago when I was pregnant and I was able to convince Rob to keep him, that it was a one time thing stemming from a situation that Ben misinterpreted. (Ben had something he shouldn't have, and when Rob went to get him from it, we think Ben felt backed into a corner and bit him.) Anyway, this morning, It was the second time he's bitten, so we cannot take the chance that he might possibly bite Julia. Rob put some treats in his bowl and then asked if he wanted to go outside and tugged on the leash a bit. Ben lunged and bit Rob's hand and he totally broke the skin, deep. If it had been Julia, he would have bitten her hand clear off. No exaggeration. This is absolutely breaking my heart, but my daughter comes first. I've been sobbing all morning. I know he'll be put to sleep because he's bitten someone and because no one will adopt him because he's on
medications for separation anxiety, and no one is going to take on that responsibility. If you don't have a pet, you think I'm crazy,
but if you do, you understand how I feel. We're trying to find Lab rescues in our area that will keep him and try to find him a home without euthanizing him, but I don't know how that will go. Rob agreed to keep him until we find a suitable placement, but it's not going to be fun. This week is killing me and it's only Wednesday.

See less See more
#5 ·
:hugz: Amy,
I'm so sorry that all this is going on. I'll be praying that you do get PG soon. I'm also really sorry about your dog. We had to get rid of one of our dogs that was high strung and bit one of our kids (didn't break the skin, but still). We couldn't take any chances on him biting one of our kids or someone else ever again. He has been abused before we got him and it broke my heart to have to give him up, but we had to.

#6 ·
Amy, I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Sending you hugs and you are in my prayers. :hugz:

Our pets become part of our family and I know how difficult this must be for you. About 8 months after we were married we had to put down out little pup. We rescued him from a bad situation, someone just threw him away in the middle of winter and I worked at the Township office at the time and we took him, fed him with an eye dropper and then a bottle. When he got to be about 7 months I came home from work one day and he couldn't walk, long story short, problems with his back (resulted from being froze as a pup) caused nerve/disk problems that would have cost thousands to fix and maybe not even then. We had to have him put down and it was very, very sad. In these situations, like yours, we have to see the bigger picture and what is best for the dog and for those around the dog. I totally sympathize with you and am thinking of you!

#7 ·
I'm sorry you are having such a sad week !!!!!!!!
Things will work out with having a baby, just keep trying and try not to be so stressed over it ......
As for Ben, that is sad , but you cannot keep a dog that bites.
I hope things look up for you soon !!!!!!!!!!
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

#8 ·
Amy ~ Lots of Love and :hugz: coming your way!

I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible week.

I had to re-home a dog I'd had for 8 years when I had my first child - the dog was lovely but we got him from rescue and he had always hated children.

I also took back a rescue dog I bought because he growled and snarled at me every time I went near my baby (another baby)

I know how awful you must feel - but it IS the right thing to do, anyway you know that.

Don't 'try' too hard with the babe eh? And hopefully things will come right for you.

One day at a time :hugz:

Thinking of you - LOTS of love - Bev. xxx

#9 ·
((((Hugs)))) from me too. I hope your week gets better.

#10 ·
Another round of hugs comming your way :hugz: . I had a ferret that I loved dearly. I have him long before dh and I got married and before ds was born, he was pretty good with ds and usually would high tail it outta the room when ds entered. Then one day ds just picked him up. The ferret bit him, hard on the hand. Broke skin. Bleeding, the whole nine yards. So after finding out that ds was gonna be ok, i went to the vet and had ferret put down. It was sad, a really horrible day for me. But I couldn't take the chance that he would bite again. :hugz:

#11 ·
(((hugs))). We too had to take our dog to the shelter, she was killing our chickens and we were afraid she would start killing the neighbors sheep, it hurt to give her up after 8 years but we just felt it was the only thing we could do, sometimes the right choice can be very painful, sending you a hug.

#17 ·
{{{hugs}}} Things will get better! It is soo hard to give up animals we love. You have to do what is right for your famlily and the dog. Hopefully you can find a kind hearted soul with lots of patience (and no kids) that will be able to love Ben.

Don't stress about getting preggers. Everyone I know who tried really hard, didn't get preggers until they relaxed and quit trying. Then BAM! :) Keeping fingers crossed for you!

#18 ·
I'm sorry that you are hurting Amy, I am a pet owner and a mother, I understand. You have to do what is right and we all understand that, please don't be hard on yourself.

#19 ·
Wow Amy, you sure are getting hugged.
Got room for another? :hugz:
I wish you the best with getting pg, it'll happen. Sometimes you have to wait for the good stuff.

I'm sorry you are losing your Bennie but you are doing the right thing. Doesn't make it any easier I know, animals are like family.
Hoping for brighter days ahead Amy.

#20 ·
What everyone else has said covers anything I could add. I'm sorry your having such a bad time and I hope things look up soon. Just know that we understand and that hugs are always close at hand!

#21 ·
Amy,
Everything you are doing is right, so don't doubt these tough decisions. As for the baby, it's on its way, just hasn't gotten to you yet. I have always noticed that when we least expect it is when the pregancy fairy comes. Try to relax and enjoy the summer and before you know it I'm sure a little one will be on its way. Sending a prayer for you right now.

pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.