Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every paying job has sick days and vacation day.

I'm a stay at home mom but I have decided I'm taking a personal day, a day off. Well a half day.

DH is out of town on a business trip and the kids are at school. So know one is coming home for lunch.

So I'm going to rent a move that only big girls would enjoy (not a cartoon might even be PG, maybe PG13) pick up some lunch (and I get to pick the place LOL) settle in a chair and watch a movie without interruptions.

And I'm not going to feel guilty.

Do you as a stay at home mom even get a vacation day or time off? How do you spend it? Do you feel guilty when you do?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Imagine, I am doing the exact same thing.. I put the kids on the bus and climbed back into bed.. slept till 10 probably first time in forever.. I did my exercises and am going to go out and sun in the pool .. then lunch and a soap.. and then my clock strikes midnight and the big yellow school bus comes rumbling down the road.. ..... You enjoy yourself.. everyone deserves a bit...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Have a great time and don't feel guilty for a minute!

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
YOU GO, GIRLFRIEND! :) Enjoy! your day! Got any chocolate to go with that movie? Yep, yesterday I took off and went to the Goodwill and $tree--just for me! Walked out of Goodwill with a pair of jean capri's..I'm in heaven! I take a day off, now & then and you know what...we deserve it!!!!!!!!! Have fun! :cheergrl:

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Let me start out by saying: I hate you.
Let me finish by saying: I hate you.

Just kidding---enjoy your day! You deserve it! I've been wanting to rent Definitely,Maybe for a long time! It's by the people that made Love, Actually. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ditto Just kidding. My last day off was my last hospital stay having the now one year old. Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I think it is great that you are doing something just for you! You deserve a day off!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Get BACK to WORK!

Just kidding. Enjoy your day! ;)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
That's great that you're doing something for yourself! Last Friday, my DH was off work so I went to a spa and got a massage! I had never done that before! It was free, of course, I got a gift certificate for my birthday. But it was so nice, I'd like to do it again!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Yeah! Good for you! I call those mental health days! I actually took some "time off" this weekend.

My Dad called and asked if they could have the kids for the weekend (like I'm gonna say no, right?). So they picked up the kids to go fishing at 7am on Saturday and didn't bring them back until 6 pm on Sunday night! Woo Hoo!

It worked out that DH has an annual fantasy football draft and poker party with "the guys". They do it every year and it happened to be last weekend.

So, I called all the wives, and those of us who could get sitters went out to dinner and a movie and just hung out. It was so nice and relaxing! Other than that, DH and I did some shopping that needed to be done, and went out and enjoyed a nice breakfast in a restaurant! I don't remember the last time we went out...it's so much cheaper with just the two of us!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Get BACK to WORK!

Just kidding. Enjoy your day! ;)
OMGosh Greebo, you crack me up every day! :crackup:

Enjoy your day, Imagine! Don't feel guilty at all. Sit back and enjoy your movie and your "me time", you are recharging for when the kiddos come home and it's BACK TO WORK, LOL!

My youngest started Kindergarten last week, and so now I officially get 3 hours a day to myself! :yippee: Though I do miss having my little constant companion around!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Enjoy your day!! I used to never get a break, but now that I homeschool, I find I need a "mental health" day every couple of weeks, and I enjoy the heck out of 'em! :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just kidding---enjoy your day! You deserve it! I've been wanting to rent Definitely,Maybe for a long time! It's by the people that made Love, Actually. Just a suggestion.
Definitely Maybe is what I just watched! It made me cry.

It was a great movie.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... and then my clock strikes midnight and the big yellow school bus comes rumbling down the road.
I like that.

Hope you enjoy your Cinderella day too.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Get BACK to WORK!

Just kidding. Enjoy your day! ;)[/QUOTE

Shh don't tell others but after the movie I did check to see if the teacher e-mailed me and changed a load of laundry out. And during the movie the smoke alarm loudly declared it needed some attention. So I climbed on the ladder, took it down, changed its batteries and tested it. Note don't hold the alarm to close to you face when testing it and definitely turn it away from your ears.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's great that you're doing something for yourself! Last Friday, my DH was off work so I went to a spa and got a massage! I had never done that before! It was free, of course, I got a gift certificate for my birthday. But it was so nice, I'd like to do it again!
You are so lucky.

I would so love a message

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah! Good for you! I call those mental health days! I actually took some "time off" this weekend.

My Dad called and asked if they could have the kids for the weekend (like I'm gonna say no, right?). So they picked up the kids to go fishing at 7am on Saturday and didn't bring them back until 6 pm on Sunday night! Woo Hoo!

It worked out that DH has an annual fantasy football draft and poker party with "the guys". They do it every year and it happened to be last weekend.

So, I called all the wives, and those of us who could get sitters went out to dinner and a movie and just hung out. It was so nice and relaxing! Other than that, DH and I did some shopping that needed to be done, and went out and enjoyed a nice breakfast in a restaurant! I don't remember the last time we went out...it's so much cheaper with just the two of us!
That sounds like fun

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For those of you with young children:

I remember the only time I was alone was in the bathtub. No, that is wrong too. They seemed to think I needed a lifeguard in the tub. LOL

Have you ever read the children's good Five Minutes' Piece by Jill Murphy?

It is funny and the mom didn't get much time to herself either.

Time for yourself does get a little easier when they start to do things out of the house and without you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts