Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I am a SAHW. (Stay at home wife) My husband and I plan to have kids and I will be staying at home with them. In order to prepare us better for one income when we have kids, I stay at home. This way we are not accustomed to two incomes. I stay busy with crafts, friends, general home maintenance and exercise. I often get asked that question "what do you do to keep busy?" All I can answer is that I don't spend much time being lazy, so it must be working. Some day in the future I will be busy busy busy, so it is nice to have these moments where I can come on a forum, or do some sewing or scrapbooking.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
welcome to the village. Its nice to meet you. Im a SAHM and love it. I find once you get use to living a certain way, then it makes life easier. Ive been a SAHM since i preg for first son almost 16 years ago. I also have a 11 yr old son too.
I think youll like it here. Lots to learn and lots of great people to meet. So much great info to take in and I copy in notepad and print off what i want.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's great that works for you. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hi and :welcome2: I hope to be a SAHW soon, too!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm a SAHW, too! I quit working 8 years ago. Occasionally, I tutor or substitute teach, but mostly, I stay home. Life is so much less stressful this way. And really, it's not hard to live on one income as long as your housing and other needs don't exceed your limits. We bought a house based on one-income instead of the two we had coming in at the time. Planning such as that has served us well.

I used to get that "what do you do all day?" question. Always annoyed me. There's so much to do, whether it's cleaning, cooking, running errands, working on hobbies, reading the newspaper... It's wonderful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts