Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some great salmon patties. They were even good heated up the next day.

Salmon
1 box of stuffing mix (I had stove top on hand)
diced onion (optional, just had it in fridge and didn't want to waste it)
mixed all together and into palm size patties, and sauteed them in olive oil.

They were so good and crunchy.

I was also thinking you know other options, you could take froz. peas and carrots (nuke just a second to take cold out of them) and mix in salmon mixture.)

Just thought I would share...

Oh yea, this morning I heated up two for breakfast, didnt know what to serve so I took a instant grits bag and did half water and half lemon juice and they were so tasty. Put the patties on top..mmmmmmm

Let me know if anyone tries them..

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Salmon
1 box of stuffing mix (I had stove top on hand)
diced onion (optional, just had it in fridge and didn't want to waste it)
mixed all together and into palm size patties, and sauteed them in olive oil.
They were so good and crunchy.
This sounds awesome! I definitely going to try this.
Thank you And very easy. ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
yum!!!

that sounds really good!!! thanks for the idea!!!:hurray:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I haven't had salmon patties in a long time and your recipe sounds awesome. I am all about easy so I'm gonna make them soon. :thumb: Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
There was a recipe in the last Kraft magazine for Salmon or Tuna patties doing just that...using stove top stuffing and egg to hold the patties together. I have lots of canned salmon to use up that I've been avoiding. I'm not a fish fan lol.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't use the egg. I think that made them an estimated.. about 115calories a patty.. since I am on a diet..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also take can salmon and crumble it in left over rice, peas carrots and put in lemon pepper and make a fried rice kinda. Sometime I put in the egg, but I usually find out I don't miss it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
SALMON

tried this the other day and it was a big hit at our house!!!!!!!! thanks again!:tubby3:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks. I've very recently "found" Salmon burgers at Sam's Club, and have fallen in love with them with slices of pineapple or with red peppers and balsamic vinegar. Since I seem to have developed a cardiac malfunction, losing some wieght and eating more healthy meals has risen on my priorities list. This will help, because the salmon burgers are too expensive to do all the time.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I know this may sound dumb, but do you cook the stuffing mix first?

I have lots of tuna in the can, so I may try this with tuna.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no you leave it raw.. i just made it again this morning.. minced onion, added a bit of lemon pepper and i used the juice from the can and just a bit of water to moisten. And I did them in a shallow pan with olive oil. they were so good. This time I had one of those single serving rice in a cup. Poured lemon juice on it and nuked and put it on top, That was my breakfast.. I am going to try tuna next time

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Wanted to let you know I made these last weekend for my husband and he loved them. The stuffing also stretched the salmon a lot futher.
Thanks for a great recipe. ;)
Tuna next huh??? I'm game. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts