Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made a trip to Sam's Club for a few items yesterday and dh had a new script so he decided to drop by their pharmacy to see if they had it. Well, with our insurance, the script would have cost $15. Without it and their new $4 program, that's all it was. I was so so happy. This was the generic. The original script would have been a $40 copay. We can afford $4 a month for sure. Maybe even $15, but $40 would have been tight. I'm just so happy they have that program.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Did you buy a membership to Sams to get that deal? Is there any way to compare prices and what about Walmart? Are their prices cheaper than Walmart?
:smhelp:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've had a membership for years as we do a lot of bulk buying. I don't know if you need a membership to use the pharmacy or not. We've never used it till now. I would bet the price would be the same at Walmart since they're owned by the same company.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I love Sam's. I get all of my photos done there, too. The new $4 scripts is a great thing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The 4 dollar deal is available at both walmart AND samsclub and alot of other retail stores are offereing similiar deals now.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I get my scripts at Costco. They are also cheaper than if I use my insurance. You can look up Costco prices on their website. I don't know if you can do that with Sam's Club or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually (and this may be wrong, so call first) but I was told it's illegal to run a pharmacy that isn't open to the public. So even if you don't have a membership, you should be able to use the Sam's pharmacy. But as was stated above, Wal-Mart has the same dealy-bob.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know about Sam's, but I am a member of Costco, and their pharmacy is open to non-members as well. You just have to tell them at the door you are going to the pharmacy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that was the case as well. I'm curious though so I'm going to look into it:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts