Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still learning to cook, so I have been watching this. What do you guys think of it? She can feed 4 people for 8-10 dollars, with leftovers!

I don't eat red meat or pork, so many of her recipes won't work for me. But a lot of them do. She really points out how certain cuts of meat or fresh versus frozen can be cheaper.

·
19,119 Posts
I love her program - great practical ideas. Really like how she uses spices. We don't eat much meat, but can substitute fish and chicken in most of her recipes.

Hope you have fun learning from her!!

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
I have not seen the Money Saving Meals show yet (it's new) but I looked at the recipes and they look very good. She is showing real cooking from basic ingredients which I think is an improvement over her other show. In Semi-homemade she uses a lot of convenience and ready-made products and does a half-assed job of it sometimes.

Cooking does not have to be complicated, but I know it can be overwhelming for a novice cook. There *are* difficult techniques that everyone messes up, but most day to day cooking is just a matter of putting measured ingredients together in order according to the directions. These new recipes look good for the beginner, no exotic ingredients, easy to follow, and tasty.

·
19,119 Posts
Her new show is on Sundays - I'm watching it now. Comes on at 9 am, Hawaii time - noon Pacific time and need to count back from there!!

I love being entertained as I learn!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
thanks for the headsup. i missed it today but it is on tomorrow at 2pm so i've got a season pass (tivo) so i can watch it later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts