Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody watch it?

I was flipping back and forth to it. I don't know, just doesn't seem real to me.

One part I did have sympathy for is that the tenant next store is writing a book about her and her family. He basically rented the house next store and is watching them 24/7. I know she's a "political" figure and all but still, I wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

And she sure does say the word "flippin" alot in place of the other "F" word.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't plan on watching it.... Hey, maybe we can see Russia tho'...;)

Reactions: piney

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
No,I was watching the promo and it drove me crazy how close they were to the bears!!! And i believe someone was letting the kid stand up in the boat?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I don't watch her don't think she takes care of her own family well enough to be wanting to take care of the USA.Just my openion every one has a right to their openion.

Reactions: LeeCee

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No,I was watching the promo and it drove me crazy how close they were to the bears!!! And i believe someone was letting the kid stand up in the boat?
the girl was standing in the boat to get away from the bear and closer to her mother. The left soon after that.

I don't think it will be on my list of regular shows either.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I liked it okay, but then I kind of like Sarah too. Oh, and unwed mothers are a dime a dozen and I don't fault Sarah and her dh for that without being in their household and seeing things for myself. Now if it's true they let Levi stay over, then yeah, it's kind of their fault. If not, then it's Bristol's and Levi's fault. Parents can't watch their kids 24/7 at that age though. I don't see that there have been any more problems with her family.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
She is really working on her celebrity status. It might work better for her than politics. ;)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
No. No desire to see it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
no had skating and boardwalk empire to watch...just one question for all the parents out there..why would one not put their sexually active teens on birth control? i know some oppose on religion(s) grounds but to do nothing would only result in becoming grandparents..

it just some thing i dont get

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
It wasn't her daughter getting pregant that i was refering to it was her the things she was doing and saying.I don't expect no one to watch their children 24-7. I don't fault her husband eather.I just don't like her think she is stupid to try make people think she is smart i believe mccain would of won if hadn't been for her but i didn't vote for him and never would.

·
8,714 Posts
just one question for all the parents out there..why would one not put their sexually active teens on birth control? i know some oppose on religion(s) grounds but to do nothing would only result in becoming grandparents..

it just some thing i dont get
~Christians are told to be sexually pure. The idea of not having sex because you could get pregnant isn't a Christian concept. Babies are a good thing in Christianity. A Christian teen shouldn't be sexually active in the first place.
I would not "put" my teen on it. I wouldn't want them to have a "no baby" protection as an excuse to be active. The goal should be sexual purity through abstinence.
If a teen from a Christian household is active, he or she obviously not following the faith of her family. If he or she is old enough to decide to be active than he or she is old enough to prevent pregnancy.
I grew up in an abstinence only household and I still knew how to not have babies. The information is everywhere and protection available, even for someone as sheltered as I was. My family doctor offered it to me every time I was in during my teens.~

·
8,714 Posts
~Oh and I haven't seen the program but probably will. I keep trying to figure out why everyone is so obsessed with her(good and bad) and I can't figure it out.~

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Nope. Won't watch it here.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I am SICK of seeing and hearing about her. I am also sick of seeing and hearing about her daughter on Dancing with the Stars.

Add Spencer and Heidi to that list also. I am about ready to give my TVs away.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am a very conservative republican and absolutely love her. In early October she did a speaking engagement as a fundraiser for a university in my town. It was the single most successful scholarship fundraiser they ever had. Tickets were $150/person and I was suppose to attend. Unfortunately, I got sick and could not go. But, many friends went and said it was awesome.

I didn't realize the show was already airing, but I am sure from this point on I will be watching.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It wasn't her daughter getting pregant that i was refering to it was her the things she was doing and saying.I don't expect no one to watch their children 24-7. I don't fault her husband eather.I just don't like her think she is stupid to try make people think she is smart i believe mccain would of won if hadn't been for her but i didn't vote for him and never would.
What has she been doing and saying that bothers you? McCain isn't conservative enough for conservatives and wasn't likely to win. I think that she made herself look bad by campaigning for him because I think she's more conservative than he is.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I recorded it b/c I wanted to see what the hype was all about. The media plays her for a fool - probably more so then she is - IF she is one. (depends on your view here).

What I got from the first episode: she's a wife & mother who works hard and plays hard during her minimized spare time. The only diff from the rest of us is her type of job. She's got a great supportive husband and strong sense of family.

The only other thing I did note and enjoy - the non stop IN YOUR FACE FACTS about Alaska. (The facts were great for someone like me who doesn't live anywhere close to there and may never get to go as well as the beautiful scenery.) DF heard it was only a 6 episode special and not going to be a series. Eventually the facts will run out and people will loose interest b/c it will become 'overdone' just like 'Jon & Kate plus Eight' etc.

This now explains why Bristol Palin somehow manages to not get cut on Dancing With The Stars despite how poorly she dances.

Yeah, I'd prob watch a few more episodes ;)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Valerian sorry if this offends you but i don't owe you or no one else an explation about what i think.(Last word on that subject)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I did not watch the show. As interesting as life in Alaska would be it's a little too much for me. (New York is where I'd rather stay.... sing it Zsa Zsa)I like Sarah Palin, she has a nice family that she appears to love, an education, and the ability to pave her own way. Wishing health and happiness(it looks like wealth also!Yeah!!!) ahead for her and her family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.