There is always some holiday or birthday around the corner, especially if you come from a big family. Giving gifts is more than just a requirement, however, it can also be an expression of love and appreciation. If you want to give your loved ones a gift from the heart but you have a limited budget to work with, consider some of these simple homemade gift ideas.
- Bath and Beauty Products - You might be surprised at how simple it is to make your own bath and beauty products - these things also make great gifts. Try making your own colored bath salts, bath bombs, and soaps. You can also make homemade lip balm, sugar scrubs, and even whipped body butters and lotions.
- Baking Mixes - If you know someone who likes to bake, whip up a batch of specialty baking mix or the ingredients for your favorite cookie recipe and offer it as a gift. A fun way to package this homemade gift idea is layered in a mason jar wrapped in ribbon.
- No-Sew Projects - Everyone could use another blanket and there are some great no-sew projects out there for making handmade blankets, quilts, and more. With the right pattern, you can make everything from handbags to hand towels - just be sure to add your personal touch to make it special!
- Printable Calendars - This is a great gift for grandparents and loved ones who love to see family photos. You can whip up a homemade printable calendar on your own computer or use an online service like Shutterfly to make it for you. Photo books are another great option.
- Homemade Candles - Scented candles can cost a pretty penny if you buy them at a gift store but making them yourself is actually pretty affordable. Get creative with different essential oils and go crazy with different colors to make it truly special.
- Decorative Vases - A decorative vase makes a wonderful homemade gift, especially when paired with fresh flowers. Take a plain glass vase and dress it up with glitter, wrap it in twine, or stamp it with colored paint to make your own pattern. The options are endless!
- Terrariums - If you have a green thumb, making a terrarium out of a unique glass container can make for a creative gift. Fill the terrarium with an inch or two of gravel then decorate it with moss, succulents, and other natural elements.
- Painted Mugs - For the coffee lover in your life, purchase a pair of plain coffee mugs and then decorate them with colored markers or paint. If you aren't artistically inclined, you can just write a cute saying on them instead.
- Photo Coasters - Take a set of ceramic coasters or small ceramic tiles and cover them with your favorite photos. Just cut the photos to size and paint them onto the coaster with a layer of decoupage medium.