Frugal Village Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hey all :)
Took a trip with the kiddies to Great Wolf Lodge for 3 days, was such a blast! Put it on credit, came home and paid it off!
Been stocking up on meat still, the freezer is looking good. And been making extra dinner and freezing for "emergency" meals... orrrrr "lazy meals" :)
Put another $250 to the EF.
I think we'll be using the Tree Fund for Christmas this year. There's a lot going on that is uncertain right now, and I feel better knowing we got nearly all of Christmas saved up already, and it allows me to keep putting savings into the EF.
We are hosting a charity garage sale tomorrow. Hope it goes well! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so hopefully a lot of people will come out.
Happy Weekend!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Cares - I hope your charity garage sale goes well today.

I put $2900 into the EF yesterday. Feels good to be able to resupply the EF after using it this summer.

Reactions: Cares

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Livin Large - that's amazing! Way to go!

Thanks for asking about the garage sale - it went good enough, raised $145, which looks like a lot to the kids :) We have a TON of stuff left over though, sitting in the garage. Will have to run it to the donation bins.

Added $250 to the EF.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Livin Large - that's amazing! Way to go!

Thanks for asking about the garage sale - it went good enough, raised $145, which looks like a lot to the kids :) We have a TON of stuff left over though, sitting in the garage. Will have to run it to the donation bins.

Added $250 to the EF.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Added $210 to EF.

I did buy myself a couple cozy sweaters and pajamas. I don't know the last time I bought pajamas! Has always been old tshirts I can't wear out in public anymore. lol! So new feels luxurious! Did go to my fave shopping store, "just to see" cuz I hadn't been in quite a while (on purpose). Picked up a few cute things, walked around the store with them, and then put them back and walked away with ALL the money in my wallet still! :D I do not neeeeed a candlestick in the shape of a dear head. :p

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing!

We have been busy getting ready for Christmas - just about done! Just got my son's scarf to crochet, and if I have time, a crochet puppy dog for my nephew. 3 teachers and 1 bus driver gift to make - think we'll do homemade cookies or puppy chow in cute tins.

Nothing saved, everything is going towards Christmas. Feeling like we need to better prepare for next year. This one is hitting us harder.

Let me know how you're doing!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Added a bit to the EF. All of our Christmas shopping is done. Just gotta do all our baking! And since everything is done, I'm putting myself on a spending freeze for the remainder of the month. DH is also tryin' to reign it in. He's starting to feel more serious about our dream of building a home, so hoping we can take that dream and grow it!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
on 12/1 I added an extra $3500 to savings plus my usual bi-weekly $400. $3900 in total.

Reactions: gaja and Cares

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Added a bit to the EF. All of our Christmas shopping is done. Just gotta do all our baking! And since everything is done, I'm putting myself on a spending freeze for the remainder of the month. DH is also tryin' to reign it in. He's starting to feel more serious about our dream of building a home, so hoping we can take that dream and grow it!
GREAT JOB in getting all your Christmas shopping done! Keep working on the dream of building a home!

·
Registered
275 Posts
wow everyone is doing so well!!. I just put $2500. in but taxes,Christmas and a $500. surprise bill from Dh's CT on his leg wiped that back out! Thats ok though because we had it kwim. So glad for this lifestyle and DH being on board after him resisting for so long.
LL you are a Force and a fierce saver!!
Cares-Wtg on finishing the shopping. I have the baking urge but must find somewhere to take it because it cant be here!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Great job everyone! LOVE the updates! You're all inspirational :)

We've got some debt again :( BOO! Planning to pay it all off in January. DH did get a nice bonus from work, so we're saving that to make sure we make it through the slow winter months. I think we'll be fine without it.

Our mattress has serious dips in it, and has been hurting our backs for about a year now. Can't get a good sleep. DH decided to put a pillow UNDER the mattress, and it filled in the dip! So we've both got pillows and we both wake up with no soreness! SWEET! Major money spend averted!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts