Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I'm saving pennies this way:

- no money spent at all today
- making fish patties from fresh caught fish

How are you saving pennies today?

·
27,948 Posts
Lets see..
I'm making lasagna that will feed us for two meals out of stuff I already have at home.

Bought some perennials at a wonderfully inexpensive Mom & Pop place $1.15 a 4 pack. These will be enjoyed for many years to come.

Went to vote on the school buget. Hopefully the changes will be made on the board to have people who think before they propose budgets that are full off things we don't need & cannot afford.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Dh and I ate the left over dinner from last night.:)

I am about to hang a load of laundry on the line.

I stocked up on peanut butter. It was .99 cents for a 500 ml. jar. It's so rare that happens around here...

So that's what I did today.:)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I ate leftovers for lunch and am going to teach 2 piano lessons after school, the money from which will go directly into savings.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Saving Pennies today here...

-Gonna hang laundry after it has finished washing
-Will eat all meals here, instead of eating out
-Supper will be tacos, the hamburger meat bought was bought at SAL, and was reduced to a low price.
-I will be cleaning house today with stuff I either made, or bought on sale, and most will be diluted.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Doing my laundry with half a cap of laundry soap. Every thing for dinner was bought on sale,including the roast. I have all the lights off and the windows open(even though it's gloomy) I used up the one piece of leftover chicken(homemade shake and bake) to make a chicken salad sandwich.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Laundry is hung out on the line.
Giving the kids their standardized tests.
Making fish for dinner that we caught ourselves.
Boys all have jobs this afternoon.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Making large chicken dinner so will have leftovers for tomorrow. It has more veggies and noodles than chicken, but good chicken flavor.

No money spent today. :D

Made lunch for Gabe so he didn't grab snacks. (well I do this usually anyway)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I saved today by:

-Using coupons at the grocery store

-Using 1/2 of what is needed for laundry

-Richard is making money by mowing the baseball fields today

-We will be eating free supper...even though it isn't the healthiest, but FREE non the less. When I work the concession at the field, we eat free. (Nachos, hotdogs, sausage wraps, brisket sandwich, snow-cones, cokes, chips, etc. All that yummy concession stand food...lol!)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Making lunches for the week (egg salad) with eggs from chickens I raised.
Staying home and cleaning to keep from going out and spending $$$.
Keeping lights off in all the rooms that I'm not in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Today I :
Went and got 3 free bags of salad, 3 skippy squeeze for .96, 8oz block cheese .70, free taco shells, salsa .50
DID not run the air all day even in the car at 100 degrees
Ate left over for lunch-hubby too
and packed his dinner for work(every day)
kids snack-free popcorn

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I wasn't as good:( as the rest of you! I am working a split shift today, so the boys and I had Dairy Queen. HOWEVER, I used a coupon and all three of us ate for $8.85.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts