Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
-Free dinner tonight (K's coach is taking them out for pizza to celebrate the end of the season)
-No A/C thanks to the cool weather, we still haven't run it
-Vinegar and hot water for cleaning today, no pricey cleaners

I think that's it for now...

Next....

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
-Free lunch (the 8th grade team facilitator is buying us all lunch to thank us for how hard we've been working towards graduation)
-Will be running a VERY full dishwasher tonight after 8:00. I've been waiting until it was full.

·
Registered
203 Posts
*bought bread at walmart instead of driving that beast of a car across town to save .30 a loaf.Would of cost me more for gas!
*the usual pennies saved.........making hubbys lunch,kids eat breakfast and lunch at school(thier school EVERYONE eats free)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
*No shopping today

*Changed air conditioner filter

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
No money spent today- still have the airconditioner off (although it is getting a bit uncomfortable).

Took out gifts to my dad for a late Father's day celebration. I had gone grocery shopping last night after work- I passed by the discounted baked goods aisle and happened to see a really pretty decorated cake- with the saying 'little girls still love their daddy, even when they've grown up". I just had to buy it for my dad- it cost me $2.50 - but I decided it expressed my feelings as well as any card and he got to eat it too!

I had gotten him 4 shirts a yard sale (.10 each) 2 of them still had tags on them.

for today- I'll pack drinks and snacks for dd's ball game tonight, but I'll need to get gas for the car :(

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My clothes are drying in the sun, on the line...

I made myself a sandwich with left over canned chicken, which I had paid 89 cents for the can and the bread is free from my friend's bread oultlet.:D

No air conditioning here, also.

Cut cable tv, last week, so will be saving 20$ a month.

Cutting answering machine from phone company-saving 7$ a month.

next...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
No $ spent here today. It's cool outside and the overhead fans are running. We're having cheap pizza out of the freezer ($4.99 family size pepperoni!) and "weeds" as DH calls them)--the spring salad mix that he likes so much.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Changing the filter in the a/c---which has been on only during 90+ days so far....not too many of those yet.
Will be eating sandwiches for lunch, no shopping for that.
Water for my drinks all day.
Cleaning with homemade cleaners + 1 store bought for the shower that I can't seem to make anything strong enough for.
I think that's it for today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts