Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I need to spend a few $$ when I pick up a couple of things at the store that are on sale.

Other ways though I'm saving pennies are:

- making my own popsicles for the kids
- using lettuce out of the garden again which grew from seed last year
- using onions from my garden, again which came up from last year
- not purchasing the newspaper when I go uptown

Next...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Taking the baby to free storytime at the library
Purchasing sale chicken cutlets at the Amish mkt with a coupon

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Taking DH lunch instead of him buying something.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i had my gyn appointment today and paid a 10$ copay, but I got 6 months of free birth control :eek: That'll save me at least 150$:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Today we got a beautiful free rose bush! A lady that one of my sons works for is getting rid of her rose bushes in her yard. She told Chris he could have any he wanted if he dug them up. He brought home one with bright pink flowers and has since planted it in our rose garden area.:) We are also having salad with dinner tonight with lettuce and spinach from our garden. Don't know what else yet!

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I bought items that came out free with triple coupons, also some had rebates.
Planned my shops for next week as to not use to much gas.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
We went garage saling and sepnt about four dollars (including a trip to the thrift store). I got a paperback for .25, DS#1 got soem Legos, some Mega Bloks and some other toys. DS#2 got the best deal: a Sunpak 422D flash for a DOLLAR! I used to sell cameras and these were a relativley expensive flash (about 69.99 new). It works perfectly but is "old" technology, so many people don't want them. He is very, very happy! I figure we saved about $100.00 by hitting the garage sale trail today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts