Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodmorning everyone!

How is everyone doing with saving their pennies today?:)

Well, I will be saving pennies on fruits and cheese because:

lastnight, dh and I helped some parents to put away the decorations and tables and chairs from the school's social end of the year party AND, I was suprised to be offered a box full of apples, pears and some bread and 3 lbs of cheddar cheese! :D 4 other familes took some home too! Isn't that great!!! :yippee:

I will be hanging my clothes on the line, with sun shining...:sun:

For now, That' all I can think of...

Next....

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
I'm staying home! Not spending money (although I sent dh to an auction in search of a car and a truck!).

I DID NOT buy buffalo meat for summer solstice dinner today- it was $10/lb. We're having chicken instead *sigh*

·
Registered
210 Posts
We went to the beach (free) and skipped our regular stop at mcdonalds for a on-the-road-coffee (we leave for the beach early!)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We will be eating leftovers for supper and like CJ we will be watching free dvds checked out at the library.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
We spent money but saved it too! We finally bought DSs new bikes for their birthdays. We had budgeted $100.00 each for them. Well, we wwere talking to our friend when we were asking her to watch the boys while we bought these and she said that WalMart had bikes on sale. We got the bikes plus heavy duty locks plus a tire pump for under $160.00! So, we saved over $40.00 by talking with a friend!

I am trading one bike to a friend who needs a new one for her younger son (his was stolen out of their yard!). I am hoping she will engrave some infor on the boys' bikes in exchange for the bike. It is a nice bike but does need a new front tube. Hey, for $5.00, the kid will have a new bike! The other bike is going to a recylcyong program here in town. There are some men who are retired from the paper mill who usew their spare time to refurbish bikes for underpriveleged kids. So, both bike swill be going to good causes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts