Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No $$ spent here today

No a/c on, I'll open the windows later as it warms up

Baking cookies rather than buying any

Next...

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We have several stores in our area that are running specials right now, so SO and I made our list last night. I went to 2 grocery stores this morning and got several Buy 1 Get 2 Free items and some Buy 1 Get 1 Free items. In addition, I had a few coupons I could use. SO will be going out later today to get more. The stores had a limit so we are both going but at different times.

pat

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
*No shopping today
*Using items from pantry

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Not leaving the house today

High temp today is going to be 80 so no AC here either - Yippee!

Baking pumpkin bread today for the weekend (no need for snack foods for weekend)

CORD day for supper so no money spent on groceries :D

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I went to the pork store today, but DH paid because he was so desperate for ham, lol. I got a butt end soup ham for $1.30 per pound. This usually gives me about 3 dinners and maybe 2 breakfasts. It cost DH $6.24!

I also got a pound of scrapple. We all hate it, but he loves it and since he was springing, I indulged him.

A dozen brown eggs were $1.25-I won't use these for baking, just for breakfast.

I took DH lunch instead of buying it.

Cooked breakfast, had lunch from the pantry, and dinner will be cheap ham.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I made dh a lunch, hopefully he wont be buying one as well :D

I took the cans in to be recyled and got 19$

I bought baby carrots on sale (1$/lb) and snatched some coupons that will get me two boxes of granola for .50 each :) Oh, plus that was all at the store next to the recycling so I didn't have to go out of my way for it either!

I'm heading right now to turn off the a/c.

I will return the stroller I bought yesterday because it smells like really strong rubber??? 16$ back there...

oh, last night I made a pair of jeans finally wearable to me (in otherwords it now feels 'cool' enough to wear in public instead of just at home) I cut down the seam of the ankles to make it looser, and then rolled it up a couple times to make them look like capri's! I love it! This means I won't be out looking for another pair of capri's to buy!!! :)

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Today I got a prescription filled and recieved a 30.00 gift card.
Got makeup for free when on sale with coupons
Lunch was free with coupons.
AC is off as well are the lights and TVS.
Dinner is almost free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts