Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it's ok that I start this thread...?:D I like saving pennies!

Well, today how I saved pennies:

*I washed my clothes in cold water and set the timer to 7 minutes only, instead of 15...

*I have hanged 2 loads of laundry on the clothe's line.

*I mailed a refund for Fantastick Cream, cleaner, which I should get in 6 to 8 weeks---so it will be free.

Who else saved pennies today?:curtain:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Saving pennies today....

*Dh and I went to the grocery store, and only spent $33.33. We got a lot for that amount!
*We resisted eating out :D

*I don't plan on spending anymore money
*I do plan on bringing home all the change I find, and the tips I get at work tonight for our trip to Cincinnati
*I plan on washing clothes in cold water, and using the smallest amt of detergent I can get away with

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie, you can start this thread anytime you want.

Today we saved pennies by:

- not eating out when we went to the town nearest to us
- picking up 2 cases of chickens on sale rather than purchasing them as whole price
- dh is planing down wood rather than purchasing more in order to make more clocks (I'm glad he is as frugal as I am)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am saving pennies today by:
* not driving my car anywhere.........I got gas and thats it.When we head to moms today we will take hubbys truck and moms paying for the gas(she wants all of our large rocks)
* I made breakfast instead of going out.
*I will wash my own car instead of taking it to wash
*I will make all meals at home
*Stop by Ralphs for more free beans

·
Registered
260 Posts
Today I saved pennies by making homemade breakfast bars,and making enough pancakes to freeze 2 big bags full. We didn't spend any money today while in town-straight home from the bank! We will cook out hamburgers(on sale) and smoked sausages from the bulk pack that were frozen..
I am attempting a pasta salad from what is on hand:D It may be great or a total disaster,we shall see:toothy:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i was gonna go out to the store..but it rained all day and i dont feel like doing anything..maaaaaaaaaaaaaan i wish it would stop raining.

i need to get eggs so ill do that tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts