Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving these pennies today:

- making my jam with rhubarb from the garden, strawberries I had froze last year and sugar I got on sale. Jam here is very expensive and both dh and ds#1 use it lots.

- purchasing eggs from a local farmer, saving me 75¢ for each doz. rather than purchasing them at the store

Who is next?

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I am making dinner with ingredients I got for free, shepards pie.
Going to Eckerds to stock up , they are doubling to 1.00 so I plan on buying as much as I can for free.
Going to make a loaf of bread and cookies rather than buy buying.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I am staying home today. I am making boxers out of leftover fabric for my ds because he has outgrown his jammies.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had to order groceries online but even though I couldn't use any coupons I did save around $10.00 off my order:) .
One of my skirts that I ordered is out out of stock as well so the company emailed me & deducted the amount off my total so I am saving $$ there too:( (I really wanted that skirt lol}.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am making homemade spaghetti sauce today,and adding the meat I got on sale. We had oatmeal for breakfast(also on sale). I will be doing only full loads of laundry,cold water 1/2 amount of soap,1/2 a dryer sheet.
Will do the dishes in the Palmolive bought on sale for $.49.
Other than that-conserving my own energy:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Ladies!:wave:
Today I have done 2 loads of laundry in cold water and have them hanging out on the line (including a load of sheets).
:cool: I weeded the vegi garden and one of my sons weeded one of the flower beds. We also planted our beans and our second crop of lettuce. We have some strawberries that should be ready to pick this afternoon (Yummy). I alerted my friends to the Kraft deal online so that they could save $$$ too! Tonight we're going to grill dinner on DH's new BBQ grill (Father's Day present) so I need to marinate some potatoes to grill!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know how I saved money today except for the fact that we have dental insurance. Dakota had a dental visit. The insurance helped save money.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I washed our sheets in cold water with half the amount of soap needed(sams brand) and then hung them on the dryer rack(yep they fit lol,can't hang outside cause of dd's asthma)Washed one load of dishes in the dish washer on light cycle and air dryed(saved 30 min of it running)Kept air on 78 degrees with the fans running( its only ran once and its hot and muggy outside).Made my lists for this week and cut my grocery budget by half of what it was for the next 8 weeks.( It was $50 a week so now its $25)

Pretty thrifty day compared to last Wed.cause both dh and i got new vehicles!So new car payments(2 of em)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
HMMMM, Let's see, Made dinner at home. Packing snacks and drinks so Dd won't whine at her ball game for a drink and a snack cuz she's STARVING. lol Didn't go anywhere but school today so I'm not tempted to buy "stuff"

·
Registered
203 Posts
HMMMMM......I saved money today by NOT signing up for the real estate license class I was going to. I have been debating it.Honestly had I had the $359. today I would have done it because in the long run it would have been free:eek:

·
Registered
604 Posts
hmmm...I worked today... but..I went to the grocery store at lunch to get bread so I could make sandwiches for lunch...while I was there I vought a pack of ribs becauise they were only .99 per lb..so saved $1.60 a pound on those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts