Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to get use to typing 11 now. Good morning ladies. I hope none of you are suffering from party fatigue.;) Today should be my party day so all I will be doing is fixing dinner this afternoon. It's raining but still in the 50's here. That is suppose to change later. Hope your year is starting on a happy note. See you tomorrow.

Cat

·
Registered
708 Posts
My goal today is to make this a no spend day...

which is actually pretty easy as i don't have any money to spend... hehe...
Taking home my daughter's sleep over pal...however will have her mom meet us halfway so i won't use to much gas....

Recleaning after last nights sleepover...amazing what two nine year old girls can do in a short time...

Making up some budgets..for the challenges...

·
27,948 Posts
I wrote this post up but checked to see if anyone posted and glad I did, lol. Once again more than 1 person was trying to start this at a time, lol. So I just copy & pasted what I wrote. ;)
No party fatigue, was asleep by 10 after reading.

Happy 2011!
Woke up feeling fine, love the feeling of new beginnings. And to celebrate I cut my nails,almost first thing, lol. Out with the old! :toothy: Don't ever say I don't know how to party!

We did get that porch closet cleaned yesterday and out went a few things & have a few for kids to go thru to see if they are interested. Dd is going to love the mini muffin pan I really don't use/need anymore. Today I think I'll spend some time in the kitchen and give the drawers a look thru. Time to do a walk around with a garbage bag too and weed out junk. Where do all these papers etc. come from?

Dinner is coming from the freezer, have one mystery broth container and one beef broth so I'll make them into cheeseburger soup just adding this and that and tasting for seasoning. Usually these recipes I just wing come out pretty darn tasty.

Hope the New Year has you hyped up to do something really productive and has you feeling great for having done it.
That goes for the whole year, not just for today.
Live it up!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darlene, are you getting the feeling we are picking on you? :rolleyes:It seems several of us post at the same time you do. I checked and thought the coast was clear too. Oh well I guess great minds really do think alike and today there are 3 of us.:D

Cat

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not me this morning! :) I'm being lazy again! This is the first time in several years that I haven't been hungover on New Year's Day, so that's a MARVELOUS way to start the year!!!

I'm listening to dh snore away next to me, it's rather comical. I should be sleeping, cause once everybody is all up, no napping for this mama!

Today is more of the same. I whipped up some cinnamon rolls yesterday afternoon before we left for our party, and then threw them in the fridge. I just pulled them out to rise while everybody is still sleeping. Yay, a yummy breakfast to start the new year! Not exactly figure friendly, but oh well.

DH's luge was quite wonderful. It was fast, but not too fast that someone got hurt. We will be playing on that again this afternoon. And at some point we need to go out and cut another load of wood. That will be my exercise to work off the 4 cinnamon rolls I'm sure to eat... HA!

Other than that, clean clean clean. I cleaned my kitchen yesterday and then proceeded to bake a ton of things for the party. Sigh, a losing battle. The Christmas decorations need to come down today, too. Kinda sad that vacation is winding down for the kids. So we'll have to make the most of what's left!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just going to be staying home today. My parents are going to come for dinner and to watch some of the winter classic. I have boxed up most of my Christmas things, but now I am waiting for DH to get up so he can carry them to the basement. Then I gotta get the house in some type of order so people have a place to sit!! lol I have laundry everywhere!!

Then if I have some time later this afternoon or tonight. I am going to work on goals/challenges and the budget. One of my resolutions was to be more active on FV!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I too had some major cleanup from a couple of 10 year old girls. I believe it was the confetti shooters that caused most of the mess!

I woke up at 7:30 and got the kitchen cleaned up from the party and put in a load of laundry before the kiddos awoke. The other little girl has gone home and I am putting my daughter in charge of reconstructing her room in 15 minute increments, ala the Flylady.

I hope to do a bit more decluttering today and I have 7 bags of donations to drop off of things we don't need anymore. If we actually end up leaving the house today, I will drop them off.

Mostly I plan on staying in where I can't spend money. :)

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I had all kinds of plans for today, but woke up with my DH's bad cold and SEVERE sore throat, swollen glands, etc. Looks like a day without much done.

I just hope my DSs don't get it before they return home. They have so much to do.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Today is going to be a lazy day around here. I cooked up some extra food yesterday, so all I need to do today is reheat and bake. We are also going to take down the Christmas decorations. Goodbye Christmas tree. Hello livingroom floor.
After the tree is down I hope to play games with my family. To me that is a great way to start the new year.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We're going to my sisters for dinner tonight...we'll be leaving in a few hours. Was up way too early this am and snoozed on the couch while trying to watch some recorded shows on the PVR.

Other then that - not allowed to clean today b/c of superstitions so lazing around, grazing on food, watching tv, playing video games perhaps (?) and basically resting/relaxing. :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I had big plans of cleaning and organizing my house today, but have been pretty lazy! I need to get the xmas decorations down, and boxed up. I plan on sorting through the xmas decorations and putting some aside for donations to the thrift store. I have stuff I don't use and don't want....should have done it while I was getting the decorations out, but put it off. I printed up some coupons this morning, and may or may not head out and buy the early bird sunday paper for the coupons in that. Happy new year everyone!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon, all, and Happy 2011!!!!

Last night was fun.....our guests couldn't come over last night, so it was just me and DH for NYE.

We have eaten WELL over the past 2 days. DH made a loaf of sun-dried tomato focaccia bread with mozzarella cheese on top. With that he made some delicious paninis on the indoor grill which is a part of our NYE tradition. The panini sandwiches were awesome...they had ham, proscuitto, fresh mozzarella cheese, yellow roasted peppers, and pesto on them.

I made us a batch of a new figure friendly hot spinach dip last night and it was the bomb! We couldn't stay out of it! Today I made us some creme brulee french toast casserole with fruit salad for breakfast. DH made homemade challah bread to make this dish. All within my calories, so no worries there.

Today I've been cleaning and sorting....even cleaned out my car! I'm off to a great start!!!

Andrea

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
No one around here has spent a dime today. Maybe because we haven't left the house, which is just fine with me!

Dinner will be leftovers and from the freezer. The kids have been playing beautifully all day and dh and I have been hanging out and playing with our computers. I've also been watching the NCIS marathon. ;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Having a pretty lazy New Years Day. I woke up before anyone else so spent that quiet time working on my quilt top. Once all the kiddos woke up, they had friends stay over last night, we made homemade pancakes for breakfast.

I've got the pork roast (picked up on sale a couple of months ago) in the crockpot simmering for dinner. Will roast some potatoes to have with it.

DH is watching football and I am puttering around with a couple of different projects. The kids are hanging out with friends, enjoying the end of their vacation.

The only money spent today was on some dried thyme - didn't realize I had run out. Not planning on going anywhere to spend any other money or gas.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
So far today I have, cleaned the sliding glass door and window in the livingroom, vacuumed the place, cleaned the floors, baked cookies, baked crackers, went to CVS, watered plants, cleaned the outside door, watered plants, cleaned up the balcony, made a fruit salad. Still need to make some rice, make sweet tea, wash dishes for the fourth time today, write out bills. Then I think I will be done for the day.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just a lazy day here.......slept in. Sweetie made breakfast burritos for us, they were yummy!

I had printed a $5 off at Dollar General store, but decided that with gas prices high...it was silly to make a trip to town to use a coupon. Defeats the savings. So I will start 2011 with a no-spend day!! That is a good omen :)

So I have stayed in my pj's and enjoyed doing nada!!

Dinner will be corndogs & coleslaw (gotta get our cabbage in today!)

Trying to drink more water and make my soda last till next week....better for me but I sure love diet sunkist.

Have a great 1-1-11!!!! Welcome a wonderful new adventure........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.