Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good moring, all!

I'm up early with hubby.....he has a computer appt. at 9:30 (he fixes computers and goes to school full time).

This afternoon we are going to go to the local health food store for a class on raw vegetable cooking. It is a vegan class (we are not vegan) so I hope it is good. We haven't done ANYTHING fun together in quite some time, so this should be something fun and enjoyable. Plus, if you go to a raw foods restaurant, the stuff is SO expensive (takes a lot of time and effort to prepare). So, now we can do the same thing at home and save a TON of cash!!! AND be healthier for it!

Well, I'd better get to doing something around here. Ken cleaned out our major clutter room yesterday, so I need to go through some things and either get rid of them or organize and keep them.

I hope everyone enjoys their day!!!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I've been up for awhile this morning as the rest of the house stays in bed and spent some time drinking coffee looking at the lights on our tree. There is a light dusting of snow out on the ground that wasn't there last night and everything feels quiet and peaceful at the moment. I'm not sure how the day will play out as there are lots of things on my various lists (could/should/want to). The goal of it all though will be to take the day slowly and keep this serenity.

Hope everyone else is headed for a peacefull day as well.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good Morning, I'd love to relax today but I don't see that happening. Brother and his girls are coming over this morning so the kids can play. I still have a few items on my list for the week I want to get done. I work tonight. I'm already tired thinking about it but hey, it's only 5 hours I keep telling myself. It'll go quickly.

I wish I had some chai tea. Ahh well, I suppose I should get going on my stuff!

Hope all has a wonderful day!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good morning ladies. It's only 13 degrees here but a beautiful sun is shining brightly. I'm on my second cup of coffee and I sat down and filled out 2 job apps to take into town later. While we are there I'm going to pick up some milk and maybe what groceries we need to get through until next weekend. I'll be concentrating on the office again, dishes, and maybe a load of clothes. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cat

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My first weekend home since vacation
so today is laundry
pick up xmas decorations
clean bathrooms
do dishes

Hope to finish my book this afternoon
also hoping for a no spend day

Have a good day

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have been up since 5 am. I have already grocery shopped. Done a few loads of laundry. Cooked breakfast, and made out a to do list for the rest of the weekend.

I need to
~finish up the laundry and put it away.
~clean house good.
~ try to get motivated about cleaning out storage room. Having trouble there!!

Thats about it. Maybe rest a little too!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, I never heard anything back from that company yesterday...so needless to say, I was pretty bummed out. Granted - who knows, maybe something happened and they forgot/or couldn't get back to me - I have no idea what happened - so I shouldn't jump to conclusions - but needless to say, I am assuming I didn't get the job and I am bummed out.

My mood improved though, last night when I took my DBF out for dinner to celebrate his accomplishments - guess who was eating dinner 2 tables away - VINCE VAUGHN, RON HOWARD AND KEVIN JAMES - OMG that totally pulled me out of my funk - that was so freakin' cool...and honestly, I never would have known they were there...but the couple sitting next to us pointed them out.

So, anyway - sorry to blab this morning....Today, I am taking it easy after a rough week. I want to clean a little and need to do some organizing. I should have the entire day/night to myself as DBF has to go into work today and then is going to the Bulls game with his dad, uncle and brother tonight.

I would like to get a good workout in today and to eat all (healthy) meals at home...today should be a low-to-no spend day.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Can I get a Woo-Hoo for Vanessa sleeping thru the night like a SUPERSTAR?!?!?! YAY! It's amazing how refreshed one feels getting a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. DH came home last night, and we all were tucked in safe and sound so I crashed around midnight.

Today is a play it by ear kind of day. Ds's bedroom is TRASHED, and he honestly can't get it together to clean it. So while he is at a birthday party this afternoon, I am going to tackle it. That will be wonderful not having that hanging over my head everytime I open his door!

It's also garbage day, so I need to get all the garbage together for dh to take down to the dump. Did I mention that I have probably 10 loads of laundry to finish up? At least I'm not booked to do anything today. The kids talked about maybe having us take them ice skating in town this afternoon, but we'll see. Me, a thin blade, and a whole lot of ice doesn't seem like such a good idea.

Have a GLORIOUS day, all!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Slept late today. I guess I needed it. It is sunny here right now, but a winter storm is coming. I will be doing laundry and getting my son ready to leave to go home to Seattle tomorrow. We have to get to the office supply store to get him supplies for school since it is so much cheaper here. I have to go and fill up my car with gas, as well.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sticking close to home this weekend. Working on a little flinging today. My is bring by lunch since I feel so cruddy. DH is working all day, but no over time unfortunately since he is salary. Hopefully he is earning brownie points, LOL.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Happy Saturday everyone!!

Today I have painted the 3rd coat of paint on the babys room. I don't care if it looks like a2 year old painted it I AM DONE!! I can't keep trying to make the red look even and non streeky. So for future reference to everyone. Don't paint anything red lol. At least it was only the bottom half of the room, and most of the furniture will cover it up, but man it makes me mad. Hoping to get the boarder in the mail sometime next week to finish the room.

I have done 2 loads of laundry (only 3 hampers full to go ugh) then I am going to start doing a load a day to not fall behind. Although with 10.5 weeks left in this pregnancy I only see my energy level going down.

I am going to spend the rest of the day trying to complete the laundry and finish tossing things out of my room. If Im lucky I will get to DD's room and clean it. No tossing there, but barbies are all over the floor!

Have a wonderful day!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I am enjoying day 8 of the flu from hell.

I am resting.

I am drinking so much fluid, I slosh.

I am taking Vit. C and zinc.

I am taking dose #2 of antibiotics (for the secondary bronchitis and sinusitis).

I am still alive.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Recycling is dropped off, house is clean, driveway is shoveled, and about to read the homesteading book I picked up from the library. Today is a no-spend day. I love simple, quiet Saturday's!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Happy Saturday!
I was pretty productive today although that included spending some money. Ran around town and completed 10 errands/stops in 4 hours this morning. Came home, put the groceries away and took a 2 hr nap. My DD 19 started a second job last night at a bar/grill and I woke up at 3 am and she wasn't home yet, so I had trouble falling back to sleep. Didn't go back to sleep til 4 something, so getting move at 7 was hard this morning.:sleepy:

Enjoying an afternoon of football and FV with the hubs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the raw foods class was canceled at the health food store. The teacher got into an accident on the way to class. EEK! (she's ok though, thank goodness). We looked around the store for a while, went to the furniture store and looked around, and then headed home.

I've been picking up around the house and am getting tired now. DH is going out with his guy friends tonight (hasn't been out in over a month), so I may head over to the dollar show and see a chick flick. OR I could stay home, pop some popcorn and watch a movie on t.v. Decisions, decisions....

Actually, I'll probably do the latter because I don't want to leave Casey alone....so it will just be me and the pets chillin' tonight.

Have a great evening!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well I have a cold and am feeling run down. So I basically stuck around the house today. I did have to run the boys out to a birthday party and pick them up, we also stopped at the Pharmacy to pick up some meds. Dollar store for bday card, and toys r us for a gift card. I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom while the boys were at their party, and have been putting stuff away, since the landlord redid my floors this last week and stuff is everywhere and anywhere where it shouldn't be....it's an exhausting task. Now I am making chili and corn bread for dinner and then I think I am just going to veg out for the rest of the evening.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Spent the day getting ready for my oldest DD's little family bday celebration. I'm the oldest of 8, and we've just finally decided to simplify birthdays to be just cake and ice cream with maybe a little snack instead of a huge dinner, which is a big money saver with my family. This year I made the cakes myself, chocolate mousse cakes from mixes that were free after coupons and jalapeno popper cheese dip with tons of leftover crackers from Christmas.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
i did try to have it be a no spend saturday, but, it didnt work out that way.

had a busy day here.

cooked. did laundry. went to a killer yoga class. took dd to a playdate. went to tj maxx and bought some of those "thin" hangers. hope they work! got dd a bathing suit on clearance.

went to pet store for new coats for the dogs - none in their sizes. got them some new doggy toys. they love them

rented 2 movies from blockbuster which i NEVER do...but, there is supposed to be quite the storm/cold tonight into tomorrow. i have some from the library for dd

now i am just tired. waiting for dd to get dropped off and waiting for dh to get home.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Slept in, read a few chapters. Then started making goodies. I baked chocolate chip cookies, 2 loaves of bread (no-knead recipes from here) I must say that is a great recipe. I also made gingerbread cookie dough logs for my mom, brownies and baked sausage,tomato-Alfredo ziti for dinner. So that was my afternoon in the kitchen :)
Delivered a loaf of bread, some cookies and the dough to my parents, checked their mail for them and visited a little.
Had a wonderful dinner with DH and now relaxing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.