Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying home today (as usual,lol) and getting some housework done. It was raining yesterday and I should have done it then but couldn't get motivated. I always feel great once it done but lugging that vac around is a pain in my back...oh well, today is the day.
Hubby will be replacing some weatherstripping around doors today and that will have us pretty much ready for winter. Good thing too as snow was falling in parts of our state yesterday. Brr, I'm not ready for that.

Dinner is leftover ham from the freezer, mashed potatoes ($2.99 5lb bag) and steamed fresh spinach, (1.49lb). Love eating fresh spinach, it's like you can taste the vitamins, lol.

What are you doing today?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Yes to the fresh spinach/iron taste LOL

We just finished having the nurse visit with dad to ensure he's using his insulin correctly. Just had breakky & did dishes and now getting ready to take my dad out to give flowers to my mom at the cemetery :) Then to rush back home to meet up with a friend to go to a trade show and then off to my sisters for a belated Thanksgiving dinner - Prime Rib, carrot/turnip mash, mashed taters and green beans - yum! :D Plus I get to visit and play with 'The Girls' (my sis's 2 kitties)

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'm excited because dh and I have a date today! We haven't had any time alone since August so I'm ready! Our kids are older but we always have a house full of stray kids so we stay home a lot.

We are going out to lunch and to the budget show. then errands.

We found a mama cat and 7 baies yesterday so I need to pick up some wormer. I need to get those fluff balls healthy so I can find them a home!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning! So much for sleeping in! lol

My oldest went to the doctor for a case of pink eye yesterday and then proceeded to have weird swelling on the side of her jawline so it's BACK to the clinic this morning. Where we will be exposes to God Knows What at the pediatrician clinic. Ish, makes me itch just thinking about it!

So now our plans have changed. We are no longer going out of town for the cross country meet. After the doctor's appointment I may run and grab a few groceries. Depending on how everyone is feeling, we may or may not go over to our friends' house for the evening. My vote is to stay in and heal, but I am the only homebody out of my bunch!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Working today for a while, then to the grocery to pick up some fruit and veggies for the week. Then home to do some laundry and start working/sewing on some christmas gifts. I have a couple of planned out already, so I want to get started on those and I will work on planning some more. It's a beautiful, crisp, fall day here today. I hope it is warm enough when I get home to open the windows for a bit. Have a great day!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Grocery shopping, run over and pick up husband when he gets into town (long haul truck driver), finish cleaning up/winterizing one of the four flower beds, weatherize the front door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We are on day 2 of our garage sale. We did really good yesterday, not so good today. Hopefully it will pick up later on.

We need to go grocery shopping. Brookshires is having a 10 for 10 sale on top of a BOGO. I also need to dry some sweet basil which is going nuts and growing like a weed. I'm also going to make some Pesto and freeze it.

Suzanne

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Today I am trying to deal with more of the produce from the garden and produce auction I went to . I keep telling myself I will appreciate it this winter...sigh ~ Doing a triple batch of salsa ( 27 pints), 2 more gallons of roasted tomato sauce, roasting another pumpkin for puree and keep the dehydrator full of apples. Don't get me wrong I love doing but just getting tired of. I have processed over 1,000 pounds this summer so far. My kids want an apple pie and oatmeal cookies so will stick those in oven between the other things to have some baking done for the weekend. Stew is in crock pot.

Have a great day everyone , and happy Sat.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Cleaning today--mainly bathroom. With my iPod in my ears. :mdance: Decluttering as I go.....:)

It's getting windy, with a winter sky, and the last of the leaves are coming down. :ponder:

Clipped some coupons this morning--about 20 of them.

My shower is so white! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.