Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday of the month and I feel as if I'm :crackup: a little!!

After I hopefully sleep in late, I need to get the LR in better shape - looks like craft store central!!

Kitchen needs to be straightened up too.

Also need to work on lesson plans for the week.

And if I get everything done, I am going to spend some more time crafting - for Christmas of course!!

How is your Saturday shaping up?

·
27,948 Posts
Looks like you are on your way to a great Saturday mauimagic!
Was dreaming, laughing big time in it, and just barely waking up and thought I might as well get up. I figured laughing is a nice way to start my day.:thumb:

I juiced a couple oranges that needed using and had that with some toasted brown bread (leftover from last night) for breakfast this morn. Read a chapter in my book while snacking down. I'm on the last book of the trilogy and things are really building up. Could be the end of the Elves, Humans, mages, Unicorns, Centaurs, Dragons etc. of the Light World if the Dark Ones take over and plunge the world into Evil 24/7....Mwahaha

Sitting here now with a cup of Earl Grey tea with no intentions of taking over the world. :D
Not much on the agenda today,need to vac and straighten up a bit but that's about it. Dinner is something with leftover rotisserie chicken and a salad with the last of the lettuce from the barrel outside. I'll probably help hubby with a lean-to he's making.

Hope your day is full of light and no power struggles with the dark side. :sun:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Slept late again today had coffee and a oatmeal,banana,nut muffin home made was good.Got shower fixing get dressed go out see if can find any good bargains.Not sure what i will have for dinner may be left overs.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I slept in this morning, DH was up early and off to play golf. I wish I had his energy! I did bike, and make out a grocery list. I need to face the grocery store- I am going to try to make a Frankenstein cake for grandkids 4-H Halloween Party tonight! I need to drink a big mug of ambition and get going. I want to meet with a friend to ride horses, but that may wait until tomorrow. Have a wonderful Saturday!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Happy Saturday!

The day started off as any weekday would because the very bad cat had a vet appointment this morning. Vet wants to put him on Prozac :lol3: Maybe I won't be able to call him the very bad cat any more- which wouldn't make me too sad.

So we were up, made pancakes for breakfast, and out the door. Picked up a treat at Timmy's on the way home from the vet (Mom needed more coffee) and the boys got donuts, which we rarely do.

Since we've been back, I've been at the sewing machine shortening pants for DS8, who is cursed with my short-legged genetics. Poor kid. DS6 is a model-sized child and fits everything off the rack

Next task is to shorten DS8's new snow pants, which I am obviously avoiding as I am on the comupter now. :) After that it's bake bread, figure out dinner, and run a load of dishes and a load of laundry. Maybe we'll watch How to train your Dragon for the umpteenth time.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
The guys got the yard work done and I picked up DD and restocked the recycle leaf bags -just in case for next week. Got a few groceries-$1.99 for milk. Sported for some fried chicken as a treat for DS's hard work.
Hoping for a quiet devils night. Got dishes to catch up on from having a very lame dishwasher and finally getting a new one.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Got to sleep in a little this morning...Went to the gym...bank, then came home...tidied up a little, took a nap...and need to get some dishes and some more tidying up done....Trying to resist the urge to turn my heat on.... So far this season it hasn't been on...and I am trying to hold out til November til I do...I am almost there....Although it has "warmed" up to a toasty 51 degrees outside...it's been getting pretty cold here at night....lower 30's. I don't have a theromostat in my house to tell me how warm or cold it is in here...but I am considering baking something to warm the house through before it gets cold here again tonight. We are all dressed in layers. For the last week or so, we have done a "spring" cleaning of the entire house...took about 5 loads to the Salvation Army and a ton of trash....it's freeing simplifying my life and possessions....and getting rid of all the clutter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Frugal Villager's....I woke up this morning and headed over to a Law School Forum at the Chicago Convention Center. I visited the booths of the schools that are located in Chicago and then attended two workshops...The Application Process and Financing a Law Education. I left determined to figure out what my financial goals are for life...haha...so now I am going to spend the afternoon really thinking about what my short and long-term financial goals are. When thinking about taking loans out for graduate school, I literally get a stomach ache (especially after filing bankruptcy last year). Needless to say, I refuse to do that....so I need to figure out how long it will take me to save up for a graduate degree and what type of degree I really want to get. Honestly, I won't be able to attend school for at least 4-5 years probably....but whatev I guess. At least I am healthy and not making stupid financial mistakes like I did in the past.

Ok, so anyway - sorry to get off topic. The rest of the day will be spent at home, picking up around the apartment and then possibly attending a friends halloween party tonight.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lots of clear strong energy on the thread today!! Love it because it is contagious!!

This morning I am focusing on the LR - so when DH comes home, it will look like a real LR and not crafters paradise!! It's actually easier than I thought it would be since I have been attacking the LR every two days or so.

A little more than I can do something fun!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
straightened up a bit, made an italian pork roast in sauce w/ penne...yummy!!! took dd to a lesson this AM then to a Bday party. visited w/ the mom of the party for a bit. went to target. paid cell phone bill at verizon. not much else. waiting for dh to get home so we can have a fire! another perfect fall evening.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Whew, what a day! After having a bout of insomnia last night, I woke up to a full schedule! We were up and off at 8:30 this morning for both of my dds basketball games. We did those until noon, and then we hurried back home to change into Halloween costumes for the school halloween carnival this afternoon. I worked the "Go Fishing" booth for 2 hours, and then when the carnival was over, the kids and I stayed for an hour helping to clean up. Needless to say, we are tired!

DH went elk hunting this afternoon, and his hunting partner got his 8 point buck, so they are hanging it as we speak. Hopefully he will get home at a reasonable time so I can snuggle on him! I have to pack it all in on the weekends as he works out of town on weekdays! :)

Have a great rest of your Saturday, everyone!
-Vanessa

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nessa - what wonderful memories you are making with your DDs - and your DH of course!! I am sure that you treasure your weekends with DH!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.