Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray, it's the weekend! And what am I doing up?!?

Oh, that's right. I forgot that I have children who are in WAY too many activities!! So, first things first. :coffee3:

Youngest dd's bball game starts in 30 minutes. So we need to leave in 15 to get there. After that it's time to pick up oldest dd from a birthday party sleepover she attended last night.

We have a little free time until 1:30 when oldest dd has HER bball game. Then it's off to exchange the children for another sleepover with friends. I am taking the older girls, and ds is going over to our friends'. I think I got the easier group, so HOORAY! :)

Other than running kids today, I plan on cleaning this house. Company is coming this week and I need to get ready!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
So far today I've been to the doctor for ds2 and myself. Generally clean bills of health...I can stop my inhaler completely and he's just on the preventative one through cold season. Good news!

I also taught two piano lessons, thus making $50. Phewf!

We have to hit the mall today, as I ordered a maternity bra online and it doesn't fit. So, I can return it to the store instead of spending the postage and sending it back. While we're there, we'll probably buy the kids some lunch since the piano money will be burning a hole in my pocket. :) Then, just walk around and enjoy some window shopping.

Also, I hope to do some laundry today, but mostly, I plan on relaxing. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
This weekend is going to be crazy busy, but filled with friends, family and fun...so I can't complain!

This morning DBF and I got up to run in a 5k race in Grant Park...the Hot Chocolate run. The course was poorly planned for the amount of people running (10,000)...but we got chocolate fondue and I grabbed a handful of chocolate bars to bring home!

Overall, wonderful morning :sun:! The run was cramped, but it was a chilly, crisp fall day....spent running next to my hubby with chocolate at the finish line...can't complain!

We are cleaning up the apartment right now and then will head to the 'burbs to watch my cousin play in a high school hockey tournament. :cheergrl: He lives in Alabama and I haven't seen him in a few years, so I am really excited to watch him play. After the game, we will be heading back into the city with my aunt, uncle and cousins (all from Alabama) to grab some dinner and just hang out.

I am just really happy today...feeling really thankful for everybody in my life...I've been doing a great job at sticking to my budget and am just really content!

I hope everybody else has an amazing Saturday as well!

·
Registered
90 Posts
:cheer4:Yay for Saturday:cheer4:

I've been sooo lazy this morning and I'm enjoying it. The boys are with their dad this weekend, but I get them for the afternoon, so I'll be picking them up shortly. I must remember to stash all of the Christmas presents I've gotten from the mail since they've been at their dad's.

I've been spending the morning figuring out my savings stuff. I don't have a plan for savings- it all just goes into RRSP or ING savings. Problem with that is that it's not earmarked for anything in particular and sometimes I end up tapping into it to buy frivolous stuff. It's better than using credit, but still... I feel like something's not right.

For today it will be tidying up. Time to do floors- maybe tomorrow. :shrug2: What else? Bake bread, plan menus, go shopping for stuff for DS6 when he gets his tonsils & adnoids out on Wednesday... that's all I can think of. Football game tonight- last game of regular season for us. A pretty low-key day. Not a no-spend day today for sure.

·
19,119 Posts
Love saturdays like this - it's all mine!! DH is off island so get to do whatever today - like everyday if I truly think about it!!

Today I am going to go through the craft boxes I have in the LR, lay out the projects and get going on them - today is my crafting day and I cannot wait to dive in!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
It is a lazy day for me,daughter son in law from out state and a daughter that lives about 1 hour away spent the night we were up late slept in then they headed home.I planned on going Big Lots today had couple items needed to return but decided i would wait dont even want get out.So planning a no spend day.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am having one of my rare pajama days. I do have to go out later and drop of a redbox movie (yay, it was free) and buy some milk. Otherwise I am hanging around the house in my PJs and doing next to nothing. Love those days.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I spent the day at a deer hunt for the disabled. I helped with breakfast and lunch.I want to get in bed ASAP, we are doing a repeat tomorrow. Fun day, but I am exhausted and 3AM comes fast. Have a good night all!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Was all lazy this morning, we went out to eat at Pizza Street for lunch, watched college football, DD boyfriend came over and we did Wii dance with the kids. It was a lot of fun and a great way to make a fool out of yourself. :D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I am fortunate that DH believes that Saturday is a day to get work done, especially big projects.

We had lovely weather, which was a gift from God. And we had carpools who drove the kids to an all-day Speech Tournament.

We dropped off the kids at their carpools before 7 a.m. Slept for a couple more hours (unusual for this Early Bird), ate breakfast, then ....

Worked all day on our front yard retaining wall.

Breakfast was oatmeal; lunch was meatball subs; and supper was Sam's Club chile relleanos. Prepackaged, easy-prep foods meant more time working on the project.

We started the retaining wall in September, but we were only able to work on it about 3 full days. The wall is about 85% finished, but, with the weather turning, we'll probably have to stop here for the winter.

The last kid got dropped off at home about 8:45.

Everyone was exhausted. Snacks, TV, and bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.