Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. I have lots to do today. I need to clean the floor grout in the master bathroom, pickup the house, decide on cookies for my Christmas cookie swap, water plants, shred, clean up my junk room, clean off my ottoman, clean the kitchen table and iron. We're going out to dinner tonight for DH's 50th birthday. I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Today i am off to a couple of church xmas fairs hoping for bargains then grocery shopping at wal-mart. I am also going to stop at bed bath n beyond to find a coffee scoop for my sister's xmas gift. Have my coupons and ready to go.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I gotta get ALL of my stuff (yarn, shoes, clothes, etc) out of the back bedroom for when the hunters come up here. I'm gonna have to stash some of it up in the loft, and put the rest in our room (already crowded) to live out of/wear/knit with.

Also--gotta clean that room, do some laundry, get organized around here for hunting season. Clear all my stuff off the table (knitting/computer) and then start cleaning the rest of the cabin. Ugh. Doing that all weekend.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I am going to a Craft Fair with a friend. No money to spend but its nice to look. Then its back here for the usual, laundry, cleaning etc

·
Registered
87 Posts
I need to get busy accomplishing things, no grandkids today and my husband is working overtime. I like to listen to audiobooks I get from the library while I clean the house.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good beautiful sunny morning to all. I've been up for a couple of hours just relaxing and sipping my coffee while reading my email. I don't know what time DH came in from work but I have to get him up at 11:30. We are going to help a girl he works with to move. She doesn't have a truck and we do. One of the other guys where he worls will also be there with his truck so we should be able to be done in a couple of hours. I'm going to put a roast in the crockpot for dinner. Once we get home I want to clean out my car ICK! My windows are filthy from all the field dust. The rest of the day will be spent doing whatever I feel like doing and then tonight we will sit and watch LOTR:The Return of The King
P.S. tell hubby Happy Birthday from me gapeach
Cat

Reactions: gapeach

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good Morning! It's a beautiful morning here and I am at work for a few hours. I am going out tonight, but I need to get my kitchen cleaned up and at least 1 load of laundry done before I go. I hope to be able to sit out with the dogs a bit this afternoon and relax a bit. I've been on the go for a couple of weeks and I need to wind down a bit. I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't plan to go anywhere today, except maybe the grocery store for a few items.
Today I need to finish up my lesson on Thanksgiving/counting your blessings for my Sunday school kids. I had planned to teach this closer to Thanksgiving, but I was asked to sub for the 2nd grade teacher this sunday. My Dh and I will be teaching both the 1st and 2nd grade this week, so I need my special lesson this week.
I also need to come up with food for 3 potlucks this week. We have our church Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, which I need to bring a couple of items and then I have 2 more potlucks next week. I need to decide what to bring and shop accordingly.
I would also like to get some unpacking done while my DH is home to help me.
Finally, I want to craft today. I am trying to finish a couple of projects so that I can start some Christmas projects.
Today could become busy day.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's a beautiful and sunny here today. I have the doors and windows open enjoying the breeze. So far today I have, made up yeast roll dough and put it in the fridge to cook later, 2 loaves of whole wheat bread are rising now, made a batch of oatmeal snack bars, and DD has just made a batch of choc. chip cookies....so snacks and bread should be covered for the week.

Laundry is almost done. DH will be home from work soon and I will help him finish up the master bathroom (remodel will be complete this weekend!!).

Splurged on some ribeye steaks, will cook those for supper with potatoes, rolls, and a salad.

Should get alot done today which always makes for a good day!
Have a great weekend all!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
It is a beautiful sunny day here and i dont fell like getting out and enjoying it but thankful the sun is shining anyway we have had so much rain. Did do couple loads laundry today.Wan't be out spending no money today.Every one have a good weekend.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Went to the mall to have eye exam. Also ended up in JC Penny and bought a great comforter set complete with pillows. All on sale plus a coupon. Then splurged on perfume. Haven't had any perfume in about 10 years. Plus I ended up getting some bonus gift. Last night I used a magazine for perfume. Seriously. LOL

So to save money I told myself I could not get anything to eat at the mall. I had more than enough food at home. I know the logic is definately out the window. But I finally have a great looking bed and get to smell pretty.

I also just realized I missed my weekly dust and vacuuming. Time to get cleaning!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
well we actually had a hard freeze here last night so I pulled the dead plants in the front yard and emptyed the containers i am saving and put them in the back yard threw more stuff in our dumpster its almost full and took a ton of stuff to Goodwill for donation then went to Hoem depot for packing materials time to empty the china closet for the holidays. I also exercised today so I am beat up and down the basement stairs with stuff to get rid of is killing me. Its just Dh and me tonight for dinner so I may just order out Chinese enjoy the rest of the day everyone

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Got up at o dark thirty to take DS to a swim meet. While he was swimming, I worked for my favorite baby patient, who lives right around the corner from the swim meet.
Took the teens to teach swim lessons later,
DH brought home Chinese for dinner
Gonna watch football until I fall asleep

·
Registered
651 Posts
Went to the nearest big city 60 miles away to do some Christmas shopping
JC Penny had .97 cent clothing sale I bought 3 tee shirts
went to the dollar store picked a few things up there
went to Walmart I had a coupon for a musical sit & spin they were 19.96 the coupon was for 10.00 off so picked one up for my grand daughter cost 9.96
went to lunch and had coupon for 10% off
found 2 pennies lol
did get some laundry done and DH vacuumed the floors.
I am now about pretty close to having my Christmas shopping done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts