Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm saving today! No shopping for me, I'm at work! Then I'm going home to clean my house! I've let it slide the last few weeks. I brought leftover pizza for lunch and will have leftover turkey and dressing for supper! I want to organize my sewing area a bit and see what I want to work on next and make a list on items I want to make.

Have a great day!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I taught three piano lessons this morning and am now waiting for one of my best friends to stop by for a short visit before she heads back to the city.

This afternoon we are doing Christmas, Round 3 with my father-in-law, and will be eating dinner there.

I have to get to a store because tomorrow is our neice's birthday party. She was a Christmas baby.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Well we are sick in my house. Dh got a nasty cold Christmas Eve and I started with it Christmas night. We are not going anywhere today. We did manage to take the tree down and put the living room back together.
Right now dh is chopping up the ham for ham salad and slicing the rest for supper tonight and for me to foodsaver some of it.
I am going to try to do a bit more cleaning and wash and I think we will be napping sometime today. Have a good day

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Your kids are just adorable, AmyBoz.

I am going to get a shower sometime (LOL!), and then get back to my knitting. The usual cooking, tidying, dishes, laundry, etc. also.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I'm going to be plugging away slowly at my miles long To Do List during the afternoon. Today I think I'll try to knock out most of those really annoying 5 minute non-critical jobs that I keep putting off because I have to go get a hammer to do it, or putting something back where it belongs when it belongs on the high shelf in the closet that I can't reach. I'll feel like I've accomplished a lot for very little effort!

Tonight, continue chipping away at the 2000 piece puzzle I've started, listening to a favorite book on tape (again).

Cooking: pea soup, use up a frozen pizza, maybe chicken in the crock to freeze for casseroles and skillet dinners.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
So far today - I've picked up the house and tried to child proof it as much as possible w/o disturbing my dad's set up. I've prepped nibblies for my sister and her family who's stopping by for a quick visit - wondering if I have enough nibblies set out though: carrot sticks, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes w/dip, cheeese & cracker tray, popcorn & chips and a hot dip from M&M's - garlic and cheese with pretzels to dip into it. Worst comes to worse I cook a frozen pizza - trying NOT to spend any $ today. I totally debated on ordering pizza for all of us but its not really in the budget ;) (6 adults and 2 under 10 yr old boys = a lot of pizza!)

·
Registered
633 Posts
The kids and I ventured out to the big town this morning. I needed groceries but our power was out for 6+ hours yesterday. I couldn't seem to find anyone who could tell me if it was out in the little town near us and I didn't want to buy milk and cheese that had been without power for 6+ hours so we went to the next bigger town.

Now I'm doing laundry, where did it all come from???

I need to load the dishwasher too and get some stuff picked up in the living room. I'm going to bake a ham for supper too.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
No spending here today decided not go out.Wanted get christmas paper and more cards but just kept putting off going out so done more laundry on phone and on computer lazy day.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
This morning I made the bed, put dishes away, picked up the house, took the recycling out and took the dirty clothes down to the laundry room. This afternoon we out to find me a dress winter coat. I found a nice one at Burlington Coat Factory. It's really nice and the price was good. We also stopped by my cousin's and exchanged gifts with them.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well ran to the bank and then brought dh and the workers some luch at the new house they put in the new furance today then ran over to walmart picked up some bargain clothes and stopped off to see my son at his car dealership which to my surprise was booming in the pouring rain maybe things are getting better. then came home fed the dogs and just waiting on dh to pull all those leftovers out of the fridge spending a quiet night at home we are both tired from yesterday have a great evening everyone

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I took the christmas decorations and tree down today. I'm not one to keep it up until new years. I love to put it up but glad to get my house back to normal. lol. Packed it all up.

Cleaned up the messy kitchen.
vaccumed
Went to the grocery store for a few things.
I never shopped after xmas sales cause the weather is just yucky.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It has been a BUSY day! I slept until 10am (unheard of) and I'm still exhausted. I guess staying up playing Santa until 3am then getting up at 6am Christmas morning will do that to a person :toothy:

I got a very little housework done. Then we went to pick up one of the boys' friends for a sleepover. Went to two Super Walmarts looking for something. Finally found it at Target. Went to McDs for lunch. Came home & realized we got the wrong batteries. Had to go back out to take dd to her sleepover.

Now I'm home & not budging! Having some tea & leftover apple pie :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Today we cleaned the house (mopped floors, etc). It snowed most of the day.

·
19,119 Posts
DH and I got up early this morning, had a quick breakfast and then took off for the other side. DH needed some new jeans and Sears was having a great sale. We have done very little shopping this year, so today was fun!!

We found jeans and a warm jacket for him and a top for me = all great deals. Also found some great ribbon on sale for next year's ornament exchange.

The timing ws right, so we went to see our annual holiday movie - "Sherlock Holmes" - very entertaining!! Then lunch out at a new and very affordable restaurant.

We were home by 2:30 PM , then I napped for 3 hours. We are planning a quiet evening at home with ham for dinner. Still enjoying our Christmas lights - they'll stay up till DD gets home on 1/2.

Enjoy your evenings all!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts