Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. Vanessa, I hope you are sleeping in.;) I'm on my second cup of coffee, and I did my exercises. When DH wakes up later we have to go to Lowes and get some wood lathes to put the plastic up around the last 3 windows. I have some laundry to do, sweeping floors, and gathering GW donations. Oh and we musn't forget to watch football. Oh drats it may be done.:shrug2: I think we will have a roast for dinner. It's cold(22) but another sunny day here. Have a great day ladies.

Cat

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Slept in till 9:30 after the funeral stuff this week.

Am on my first cup of coffee still, but it's cold and I'm too lazy to go warm it with more from the pot. ;)

I am thinking of getting a smaller (artificial) tree this year. Looking for sales and stuff.

DH has my kitchen sort of torn up, working on putting in a new faucet. The old one leaked for years. He needs a piece of hose, which he may get today, if he feels better. He's got a sinus infection and feels awful. I don't know why he started on this, as sick as he's been. He was trying to surprise me. Awww. In the meantime, there's no running water in there. But I'm surviving.

I'm making my list, checking it twice. I did some online shopping last night, ordered some gift cards too (teens and young people are so hard to buy for!) If we ever do the gift exchange drawing on DH's side, I can get that out of the way, too. :present:

Soon, I need to start thinking about food for the parties at Christmas (I have my side on Christmas Eve and his side on Christmas day). :smhelp: But I make it simpler every year. It was getting to be too much for awhile. Nobody really cares, they just eat and talk. I don't worry anymore.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good morning, all!

I'm at the school finishing up some last-minute updates to my business plan and research paper. This coming Wednesday is the last day of school, and then I won't start back up until January the 10th.

It's hard to believe: only ONE more year of college and then I'll have my bachelor's degree! Whoo hoo! My degree is in Business Administration with a major in Human Resources a minor in Small Business Managment. I wanted to take the Small Business minor in case I ever want to start my own consulting business. That way I will know what all is entailed....and it seems to entail a LOT!

Make it a great day, everyone!!!

Andrea

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning! LOL, Sassy, I DID sleep in, thanks! :) It was heavenly. I stayed up past midnight watching the last 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy online, which was so much fun! I do enjoy my Grey's!!

So, being that I've slept in until almost 9:00 a.m. (GASP!), I am now laying in bed drinking coffee. It's also cold here today, with a temp right now of 11.

Today, the girls have bball games, but the first one isn't until 11:00. I need to clean this dirty house sometime during the day. Yikes! I devoted last night to playing games with my kids and thought the house could definitely wait. Well, wait no more! I have about 5 loads of laundry that needs doing, and mopping my wood floors seems to go on the wayside.

I also need to bring some more wood inside for the woodstove. I can't believe how much wood I go thru, it's just crazy!

Then I need to sit down and go over my Christmas list. I keep say I'm going to do this, but I never seem to make the time. I also told my co-worker that I would help her find gifts for her kids. Her husband just got fired, so she is now the breadwinner on a very small income. DH and I have discussed making her kids our "secret Santa" group this year, but I don't want her to know it's from us. So I'll be pondering over that today, too.

Have a simply lovely Saturday, I sure plan to!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Vanessa, your post brought tears to my eyes. We were poor when I was very young and the Christmas I remember the most is the Christmas the Sheriff's office bought our gifts because my parents were divorcing and my mom was working as a waitress to raise 3 girls( 7,5, and 9 months). The Sheriff was Clyde LeVellit(sp?).He was a basketball star for a Kansas team way back and I often think about looking him up and thanking him. Last time I checked he was still alive. Ok, blowing my nose and closing my mouth. But God Bless you.;)

Cat

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
cab54 - hope DH gets the faucet fixed soon so theres not too much water leaking. Bless his heart for trying to take on something so simple yet daunting especially while sick! Good job on the sleeping in and getting some Christmas gift shopping done!

nessa - great job on sleeping in as well - I was going to watch Grey's on from the PVR but instead decided to work in the bedroom purging through baskets of clothes which kept me up late but at the same time DF was playing Wii in there as well...so we kept each other company. It was kinda nice, as late as it was. I think it was 2-3am when we went to bed?

I got to sleep in too :cheergrl: 11am wake up woohoo!! DF didnt want to wake me as I have not been feeling too hot this week and we've had to wake up early for his weekly appt and then just poor sleeping overall - one of us would manage to wake up the other: his ankle hurting/having happy foot or me just being Flipper tossing and turning all night. *sigh*

Time to get cracking on today's chores:
* 3 loads of laundry
* wash bed sheets/linens
* tackle clearing off desk
* tackle few more baskets of clothes - sorting/purging
* possibly take DF to get oil change on his car and a haircut - if he's feeling alright to headoutside (or cabin fever, which ever hits first)
* scrub bathrooms (both dad's and ours)
* empty garbages

Ambitious list - let's see what gets done between my willpower and DF wanting attention today :lol: WIsh me luck!

·
19,119 Posts
Good Morning everyone!! I slept in too - love to wake up to sunshine and not pitchblack!!

Need to work on the scarf I was knitting for my friend's son - they are leaving Thursday!!

Yesterday a friend cleared and scrubbed my kitchen counters and we only put back absolute essentials - it looks wonderful!!
So I am working on the LR to look just as good today.

Wrapping up packages to get ready to mail on Monday is my other big project today......

....and of course there is college football to keep me company through it all!!

Have a great and successful Saturday everyone!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Getting here late today! It was so windy and that wind was cold! Brrrrrrr.I picked up from our office Christmas party this morning. It went well, the staff bought my husband his yearly gag gift, and they always focus on owls! He got one in a cage that is motion activated. They also bought him another owl lamp, and a desk golf set. Hilarious!We went to a family Christmas party this afternoon. I did not have to do anything except help with the clean up and I was A-OK with that!Early bedtime for me. We are going to church and Christmas shopping tomorrow. Stay warm everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts