Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saving Saturday my eye. DH informed me he lost his bluetooth for his cell phone last night. :angry:Unless someone feels sorry for him and wants to rescue his butt from my wrath then feel free to save him. I swear that man thinks toys are necessary. I told him that's it, I'm going to go on a spending spree and put us so far in debt he won't see daylight until I pull my foot out of his behind! MEN. I feel better, thanks. We will be finishing the grocery shopping which is going to be over my budget. GRRR. I have a $25 gift card and a $4 coupon for Red Lobster and we will be eating there today. I got maybe 5 hours of sleep after only getting 2 yesterday. I think the steroids the surgeon has me on are keeping me wired. Not much else planned for the day. Hope you all have a good one.

Cat

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Today i am in a mood of just staying in. This morning i finished my book and have the ususal cleaning to do. Not sure it will get done. I have monday off this week so an extra day makes me very happy.

Enjoy!

·
27,948 Posts
Snowy windy day here. I just finished vaccing & hanging laundry so my work is done,lol. Dinners easy, with leftover burgers and homemade baked fries. Hubby is filling up the firewood rack, hope we make it to spring, it'll be close. Reminds me, we need to cut down a couple trees for next years wood.

Hope you all have a relaxing comfy do what you want to kind of day.

Reactions: acox68

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
DH and I are taking MIL down to the nursing home to see FIL. We will take their little dog (who we've been babysitting) so that they both can visit with her too.

It is bright and sunny, but cooler than the insane warmth we've had lately. A week ago, we had 10" of snow on the ground. Now there are just small patches. I'm just not ready for winter to be over. I have daffodils peeking out of the ground already!

Seems like when the weather gets warmer, everyone gets in a go-go-go-do-do-do mode. I like the calm and peacefulness of winter. I'm a homebody. I feel tremendously out-of-sinc with everyone else. Seems like everyone is saying "thank God winter is almost over". I'm thinking "oh God, here comes spring. Everyone is going to be rushing around and getting all hyper again." LOL!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Today is a birthday party at our house

Savings since it is Saturday savings thread Cost of party Little more than $2 per person invited to the party

Homemade cake with number candles (can reuse those the 1 will be getting a work out as I have two in the double digits now.

Reusable plastic table cloth

movie we own to be watched with popcorn

Finger nail polish party event and favor (less than a dollar each but so cool)

Sugar cookies to decorate ( eat now or take home)

Pretty heart paper plates bought at 50% off

Kool aid to drink instead of different sodas

The girls should like it. It will be fun.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Imagine....

I had a birthday party for my dh last week and made a brownie ice cream cake with rocky road ice cream...sounds complicated but it really wasn't...looked like I had bought it and I saved myself about $20..(at least) Think about it for next time!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Laundry today, and I got the flyer for my favorite grocery: Market Basket. I've listed all the specials I want and will get them on Tuesday morning.

I've also got a few coupons I'll be printing for Walgreens.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi everyone!

It won't be a saving Satuday here.....went to breakfast after I woke up at 1 p.m. (local coney island) and later I will get my car washed. With everything, it will only cost about $25 though...

I'm going to get myself blood tested for celiacs disease soon......I've been avoiding all wheat products for over a month and feel SO much better! No lethargy (for the most part...this flu had me feeling bad though), no muscle/joint aches, and no gastric problems....

I am reading a book called "Life after Bread" by Dr. Eydi Bauer, D.C. and it has a LOT of good information in it. My bipolar disorder could even be caused by celiacs disease because the body isn't able to absorb nutrients and is therefore unable to properly produce seratonin!

The rest of the day will consist of washing and cleaning out the car, cleaning the dishes and doing homework.

I hope everyone has a blessed day!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've been home all day. Did 3 loads of laundry and made up another batch of homemade laundry soap. I recycled a metal container and painted it white. It will be great to store something inside. Done a little cleaning and picking up in the kitchen and living room.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Imagine....

I had a birthday party for my dh last week and made a brownie ice cream cake with rocky road ice cream...sounds complicated but it really wasn't...looked like I had bought it and I saved myself about $20..(at least) Think about it for next time!
Sounds yummy. Buddy is th ice crram cake kid. We make one with ice cream sandwiches.

Reactions: acox68

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Wasn't a saving Sat. here eather Acox68 ihad go get paper shreader since i messed up a few weeks ago and striped the gears in mine also had have a battery put in one of my watches went big lots found Delmonte Fruit cocktail for $1.00 a can got meant to get 10 cans but got 9 and one can peaches it $1.38 at Walmart got some Apples,grapes,bananas at walmart also had get get the combo-pack ink cartridges got few other things here and there so no saving here today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.