Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning again. What's everyone planning today? I'm of course getting ready to go to work for the next 12 hours. Not too many plans other than getting it over with and coming straight home to eat a bite and get ready for bed. Hope you all have a nice day.

Cat

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It's suppose to rain today with thuderstorms in the evening so I plan on staying inside and getting some housework done.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
We are going to a charity fund raiser today. So it will be fairly inexpensive. I will turn the A/C up to 80 degrees while we are gone.

I am dreading getting our electricity bill. We live on the Texas Gulf Coast and it has been VERY hot and humid and the A/C was on most of the last month.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I am going to a wedding today...

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I've spent most of the morning searching for Lauren's retainer. I can't tell you how many times she's lost it...it's in the house somewhere, but I can't imagine where. I'm angry and frustrated.

We were all supposed to go to the park, but now she & I will be staying home because we told her that she can't go anywhere or do anything until she finds it. Kathryn is bringing a couple of her friends--one of them is a girl I haven't met before, so I'm disappointed that Lauren & I aren't going because I would have liked to meet her.

Just cleaning & yard work on the agenda today.

Hope everyone has a good day. :sun:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've spent most of the morning searching for Lauren's retainer. I can't tell you how many times she's lost it...it's in the house somewhere, but I can't imagine where. I'm angry and frustrated.
I'm sorry, Michelle! Hope it turns up soon!!! Have you checked in between the couch cushions and in her pockets of her pants in the laundry? I just had an equally aggravating thing happen this week. The mailbox key was missing and I was turning the house upside down looking for it. I called the post office and they said it would be $25.00 to come out and change the lock and give us new keys. Grrr! I was determined to find it after hearing that, and I finally did!

Today I have been contemplating going to a huge neighborhood yard sale going on, but it is drizzly and 40 degrees and I'm kinda tired this morning . . . I really want to go, but my body is not cooperating! LOL

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I have the day off so I am just going to bum around the house, cooking and cleaning. Hope to get outside a fly a kite sometime today, we will see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sat

Just returned from a shopping trip to Walmart, saved over $8.50 on groceries and got a bottle of barbecue sauce for free.

Will work a few hours in my medical billing and consulting business, (I do collections for a Neonatalogist) and than go to the library and check out some books and videos.:read:

That's about it.

Frugal living is a lifestyle and we try to practice it daily in some way.

Terri:rose:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hmmmmm

Today I have taken DS fishing (DH is out of town playing golf)
worked on knitting
Cooked lunch
washed, dried, folded laundry

Later I'm: taking DS to a matinee
taking a nap
work on knitting

It's another dreary, rainy day! I'm ready for the sun!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Got the grandsons today, but i will be doing laundry and little things around here..

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I cleaned both bathrooms (with baking soda), cleared off all the kitchen counters and scrubbed the floor (again, with baking soda), hung three loads of laundry before it rained, ironed & hung curtains in living room.

Played around online and made & dinner all from leftovers.

I stayed home all day & didn't spend at all. After dinner, a library book and a much deserved glass of wine.

·
19,119 Posts
Sunny Saturday - early morning and it's already warm!!

DH is at soccer registration - am in total pain due to arthritis is the hips and bone on bone is my knee. So I'm taking charge of my day - and not being an invalid - I have a plan to work on the LR and resting.

Two loads of laundry going
Decluttering the LR
stripped our bed
recycled newspapers

Still to do...
lots of paper, piles of paper to go through
Clean sheets on bed
finish paperwork for DD's financial aid from college (4 MORE YEARS!!)

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!! Actually it looks more like 20 mins. of work, and then 30 min lying down.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Today I have been contemplating going to a huge neighborhood yard sale going on, but it is drizzly and 40 degrees and I'm kinda tired this morning . . . I really want to go, but my body is not cooperating! LOL
I dragged myself out finally and went late. So glad I did because I got a really nice black rolling suitcase that we will need this summer when we visit dh's family, for $3.00! :clap:

am in total pain due to arthritis is the hips and bone on bone is my knee. So I'm taking charge of my day - and not being an invalid - I have a plan to work on the LR and resting.
I hope you feel better! My dh has arthritis too, it is miserable! :hugz:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts