Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the snow storm has started today so will be staying inside today. May make some gingerbread cookies using real ginger and cardamon. Depends if I can get the butter to soften.

Need to sweep and mop the floors. Then may try to practice some painting.

All in all a pretty quiet day today. Which is great because I need some down time.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just another cold day here. The snow storm is supposed to miss us here in northern NY, so I won't have to worry about that! Going to go out and do some Christmas shopping. Going to try and hit the thrift store(it's an addiction, now I think). Then come home and do some cleaning and maybe some baking of cookies or something yummy! Happy Saturday everyone!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Laundry, grocery shopping, ordering eye glasses, running the kids up to the mall to hang out with their friends and hopefully spending some quality time with DH.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
DH is still asleep. I have a fire going in the woodstove......coffee made.....:morning:........

My plan for today is to get a lot of knitting done......:knit:

and .....er.......sweep this floor. :va: With all the wood we've been dragging in, it's pretty dirty.

I'm putting bean and ham-bone soup on in the CP. Maybe make some bread today to go with.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Hopefully no snow today, ask me again tomorrow :lol:

It's just me for the day, Diva is at her Big Dad's and Old Man is working.

Today I will
~clean the kitchen
~roast a chicken for dinner
~make a pot of coffee
~lounge on the sofa watching holiday specials
~work on Diva's afghan

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hey everybody.:wave: I've been up since 8am, love the days I can sleep in, and I haven't done a blasted thing.:cool: DH is asleep and I have to get him up in about 10 minutes so we can decide if we are going out anywhere or just staying in for the day. I have plenty to do here but nothing that can't wait until some other time. We only have about an inch of snow on the ground, blades of grass still sticking up through the snow. We have a 4x4 so if we go anywehre we will be in that. I hate winter but I have to admit these lazy no plans to do anything or go anywhere days are pretty nice. Hope you are all snug as a bug in a rug.

Cat

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I plan on staying home all day. I showered and put on clean pj's lol.
So far today I have:
~made pumpkin pancakes (which were awesome!)
~made a pumpkin roll
~cleaned the kitchen

Plan to:
~hang out at home and read
~cook tacos for supper..gonna try homemade tortillas
~maybe make some more Christmas goodies

Have a great Saturday everyone!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Got up an took DD#4 to swim practice and to teach lessons. DS is in day #2 of his lifeguard class in Indy. Loaded up both cars with thei first of MANY loads of stuff to put in storage for our upcoming move (NEXT SATURDAY - YIKES :( )
Unloaded at the storage place, mercifully it's indoors ' cause it's snowing a bit here.
Need to pack, pack and pack!
Maybe go out to eat tonight as DS is staying in Indianapolis overnight with DD#1.
Need to call and touch base with baby/patient Elizabeth's mom - baby's open heart surgery yesterday was a smashing success, today they're going to start waking her up (she's been in a medically induced coma since Sunday, and she's gonna be ticked!!)
Trying to use up everything in the freezer, so I might bake some pies this afternoon.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Today is going to be busy, because I am leaving town tomorrow and not coming back until after Christmas.
So here is my list for today:
~Finish making Christmas cards -- Done
~Print labels to go on Christmas cards
~Pick-up Christmas letter at Staples
~Pack-up Christmas card items so that I can finish them on the train tomorrow
~Return item to Target
~Laundry
~Pack clothes for trip
~Clean-up house - I hate coming home to a dirty house
~Find a sub to teach my Sunday School class next week
~Finish up Christmas gifts for Sunday school kids
~Make chex mix for my DH is give out as gifts at work
~Make sure DH has enough meals to get him through Wed. Afternoon - He is heading up to meet me at my folks on Wed.
~Decide what knitting to take on the trip.

I am sure that I am missing something, but you get the idea. It is going to be a busy day.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's been a busy one today. Today started out lazy cause we all stayed up late last night. One of kids was out babysitting, so we all stayed up until they got home. After our lazy phase, we all got up and cleaned the house. It's amazing how quickly the house can get messy! We all learned the statement "many hands make light work" is SO true! Now we're going to go to rent a few movies (redbox) and spend the rest of the day watching movies. Woot!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
We were busy today!
We
~took Dd to her first basketball game of the season.. she scored the first basket...yea! :)
~finished up some last minute shopping... had to get packing tape to ship the last 3 packages
~finished the gifts for the kiddo's teachers
~cleaned up my dining room table that had all the wrapping stuff on it... nice to eat in there again
~cleaned the downstairs
~one load of laundry

Still need to: clean up upstairs
~clean up bathrooms
Have a good night all!

·
19,119 Posts
Plans changed today since DD got stuck in STL for 10 hours. So she will be arriving tomorrow instead. Staying with friends in Texas tonight, so she's well taken care of.

This has given DH and me more time to do things around the house - never run out of things to do, just run out of time!!

I did find the perfect notebook to record ideas and projects for Christmas 2010!! So I can start using it right away - now that's a great feeling!!

We did treat ourselves to special cheeseburgers from the arches today - no FF or anything else, so really wasn't too bad - sure tasted like a treat!!

We have a picture in our LR that I think I am going to make a holiday quilt covering for to make the area more festive without having an obviously barren 'where's the picture?' space. I may indulge myself this afternoon to design the quilt. Wow!! This just feels too good!!

Have a great and safe Saturday all!!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Stayed home and watched tv and wrapped a stray present or 2. Didn't shop online and ate breakfast and lunch at home. DD slept most of the day away because she was up late babysitting our dog. DS went ice fishing for free,stopped by another friends,took snacks w/ him and bought cheap pizza ($5. split,bought drinks at the party store "cuz their cheaper".)

DH-got his haircut at the cheap place $15. w/ tip. But bought 4 burgers at Big Boy (drinks at home no fries or tip) BUT shopped for gifts online for me (no idea what that cost.)

SO prob not too bad. We got a small snow but NOTHING compared to what I am seeing on tv. Please stay safe all of you.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Busy, busy busy!!! I wasn't 'saving' today, but everything I bought was either on sale or I had a coupon.

I was up early and cleaned the kitchen a bit, then went to Meijer before it got crazy busy. Picked up my mom and we went to Joann's and I got some items I needed to finish making some Christmas gifts. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond (I LOVE that store) and got a King size comforter for my bed for only $39.99. My mom took me to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, I dropped her off at her house and drove home. I let the dogs out for a bit, then I dozed on the couch for an hour. I'm on my 3rd load of laundry, made a batch of cookies and my kitchen is almost clean. No wonder I'm tired!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts