Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far have been up - danged telemarketers! DH is on call and his pager has been going off all night :drama: Poor guy is finally sleeping (er sleeping in as we'd call it) and I've paid bills online, folded some laundry, taken food from the freezer to defrost and am awaiting friends to arrive for their visit with us today. Oh and need to pop out to pick up a few things as well - meds, newspaper and more beer. :D

Will probably get going and make something for breakky seeing that I have been puttering around only drinking coffee.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Dh needs to run two errands and invited me to go with him. Then since we did not get a date night this week, he said that we could eat somewhere on the cheap. Since I am the queen of restaurant coupons and have found out that if you do not use the drive thru, but rather go inside the restaurant to order that they let you use more than one coupon per visit. Drive through is one coupon max. I am thinking that we will probably eat out at lunch since dh wants to watch the football game.

I may or may not do some laundry depending on how long we are gone.

Libby, sorry for all of the telemarketer calls. Yes, they are very annoying!

A2M

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Will definitely be saving today...have no plans to go any where which means I won't be having to spend any money :). I have a couple loads of laundry to get out of the way and then it's sort, sort, sort....have a great day everyone :)!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I am thinking that staying in today sounds nice since it is snowing out. Plan on knitting, reading, then later on i will unload the dishwasher and run the vaccuum later. Making a new recipe for dinner

·
Registered
629 Posts
Saving day for me as well. I'm only going out to haul garbage and then right back home! Did I mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home?!? :)

I am on my 2nd cup of coffee and just relaxing. After lunch, I will get busy. I'm going to clean out our front closet in the living room as it's getting hard to close again. (I hate it when that happens!) I will start laundry as well and need to straighten the laundry room.

I am making a new salmon dish tonight for supper as well as Pioneer Woman's sesame noodles recipe. Can't wait! :)

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Well, my plans are scratched. Dh made the suggestions of errands and lunch out last night, but when he woke up after I typed my message he said that he didn't feel up to that. So, I am staying in and doing the laundry. Not all of it, but four loads full.

A2M

·
Registered
429 Posts
Use some of my Christmas money to buy a printer ($29) today and have already printed about $20 of coupons that I know I will use. Super excited about it because I've really been working on getting my grocery budget down and stockpiling lately!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Taking a coffee break.

So far, I have cleaned the bathroom thoroughly, and the rest of the house, I gave the 'once over' to.

Dinner is in the CP, and I have some candles burning so it smells divine in here. :vibes:

A no-spend day.

I'm going to go knit.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Well it it's not exactely a frugal day for me.....had a guy come in to give me estimate on painting the inside of house...price is right.....hasn't been painted in 30 years so I am really looking forward to having it bright and clean looking. Told him I would take things off the wall and built-in-bookcases. Going to take me a week just to do that. Good time to de-clutter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I totally wasted today.

Sat in bed with coffee and computer watching the news from 7-9. Then got up and showered, cleaned the kitchen and started making bread in the bread machine. Had to wait about an hour for it to stop raining then went for very long walk in park. I was only one there and slopped around in the mud for nearly 2 hours. The dog loved it.

Came home and pulled the bread out and started eating.

Then I made stuffed red peppers and peanut butter suet for the birds.

Then, basically spent the remainder of the day sitting on my bed playing on the internet and watching the returns from the Republican primary in SC. I don't have a TV so have to watch the streaming clips as they are loaded on the website one, after another and in between clips watched an ad for the Nissan Leaf about 150 times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.