Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm letting my old '96 Stratus die. Its been needing a rear seal for the past 3 years, the power steering went a couple months ago, and a brake line blew a couple weeks ago. It's got 117,000 and I think I got my money's worth out of it. Only take it out maybe once a week for a 24 mile round trip for groceries. So, bye, bye car. The first savings is the $447 insurance bill due this month, the second savings is the $132 registration due next month. Not really going to save on gas 'cause I borrow my boy's extra pick-up now.

I'm slowly saving for another vehicle (see sig).

Slowly but surely.........................

Lee

·
Registered
151 Posts
How about a 2011 Escalade? :hubba::D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about a 2011 Escalade? :hubba::D
Sure thing...in about 2025 :whistle:

Russ - nothing in mind yet. It just has to look like a van/mini-van and be able to pull a small trailer not much more than 300 miles at a time...and run for a year or two (5,000 miles/yr) without any maintenance. AND cost about 2 grand.

Lee

·
Registered
151 Posts
sorry, I just had to :)

Do they have any car auctions near you? Where I live they do car austions and everyone is welcome, not just dealers. They are as is, where is, but you are free to test drive it and bring a knowledgeable friend :) we got a klunker there for about $2k (2002 kia magentis , bought in 2006). save the middleman.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i was told that the stratus was a mechanic's nightmare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.