Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm saving by:

- don't have to make supper tonight. Its free!! We donated a clock to the local ladies Legion group here and they are having a supper tonight. They are bringing up supper.

- baking bread and cinnamon buns. Bread here is $1.79 a loaf and cinnamon buns are $2.99 for 6!!!!

- painting an old antique shelf that is downstairs and hasn't been used in years by the looks of it. It was here when we purchased the house. That way I don't have to go out and purchase one.

- no $$ spent here today.

Next...

·
Registered
203 Posts
:bang: I have to spend money today
*tonight is ds'1&2 baseball pizza party at Chuck e Cheese but the team mom said $6 per child......may be cheaper to buy my own pizza/tokens with coupon.......then I can eat too

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I can't say I saved pennies today....I took Daniel to McDonald's...but we had a good time together.:)

Maybe tomorrow will better, penny-wise.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Split a lunch with one my bosses. Rather than buy 2 lunch plates (meat and 2 veggies). We bought one plate and split the meat and we each got a veggie. It really was plenty for both of us and came out to $2.00 each. Today lunch is my big meal and I enjoyed a lunch out so cheap.

pat

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am saving pennies today.

-Ate breakfast at work this morning (worked 16 hrs, so didn't get home until after 7am)-our food is free there

-Going to fix supper here, instead of eating out

-I do have to go to WM, and pick a few things up, but I'm not going to be overspending at ll

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i didnt buy anything in the cafe at work,,i have been bring my lunch everyday(like i did while in school-saved 300.00) and my own coffee and tea..hot water is free..

i did need two cards and got goodies all for under $5 went to shoprite.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
O.K. This is going to sound weird. I saved pannies today by spending $1,300. Some of you may know we are remodeling and one of the things we have been planning on doing is getting a wood stove for this winter. We found one today abd bought it, a blower and the mat it is to sit on. We spent well over $750 last year on propane alone so I know in the long haul this will save us big bucks. We think it will pay for itseld inside 2 years.
The other thing I did today was not frugal at all. We had to go pick up Alex's glasses. She is most pleased with them and I hope it will help her in more ways than one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts