Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your pet make sounds that at first scare you.

This morning around 4:00 am I woke up in a half sleep to hear a really odd noise that I never heard before. I kept on asking myself what is that noise. Then I thought this is odd, I better evacuate since it did not sound normal. Only to realize it was my cat snoring. I mean snoring so loud it sounded like a large human right next to me. I nudged her and it stopped. But I was ready to evacuate the house since it really sounded scary and unidentifiable!

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
My little girl makes a really strange scary crying sound right before she chokes up a hairball. Really worried us the first time it happened.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My older cat snores so loud you can hear him across the house with the bedroom door closed! He makes that scary crying noise before he hacks up a furball too.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Oh I hate that high pitched noise my cat makes when he is going to puke up a hair ball. It always freaks me out.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
My little white boy will 'dream' when he is sleeping........and was BARKING one night.......like to give me a heart attack!!! He sort of winds into it......so when I hear it coming now I will gently say his name.

Not scary but my little black girl GROWLS at anything and everything..including me..........I can't break her of it.........she is just a rip!! Has never bitten me but CAN NOT get her to stop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My pooches make a plethora of scary sounds.

My yellow lab will woof and growl in her sleep...and she'll also snore. You can also hear her stomach growling and going crazy, especially after she jumps on the counter and eats a loaf of bread. The first time it happened, I was SURE she was going to die, and rushed her to the emergency vet, lol.

One of my other dogs was a rescue dog from an abusive home, and she has nightmares. She'll cry and whimper and shake in her dreams.

Hehe, a few years ago our cat also gave me a scare. He wanted to be let outside. I heard horrible sounds outside my window, and rushed outside, thinking that some larger animal was killing him. I expected to see him being torn to shreds, but instead, I shined my flashlight on him and the neighbor cat being, uh...intimate, lol. I swear, they both gave me mean looks, and ran off under the bushes. I thought since he was fixed, he wouldn't be interested...even if the neighbor's cat is a beautiful fluffy white Persian mix, hehe.

·
27,948 Posts
The one that gets me is the "I'm gonna hack something up and you better run and find a newspaper or something to put under my mouth before I hurl on the carpet" sound.
:bolt:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My yorkie makes noises all the time. She snores so loud I can't be in the same room with her when I want to sleep. She snorts and snuffles when she has something in her mouth that she is carrying around. When she barks she does this extra snort sound.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
My Lhasa does a howl-scream-cry thing at random times. This morning it was at 5 am. My alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. I was unamused.

It isn't a normal dog howl, it starts out a warble and launches into a screaming sound. A friend of mine referred to it as a "rabbit scream" but I haven't actually heard a rabbit scream.

If she gets on a kick on a random night she will do it up to 3 or 4 times in the same night, spacing apart the screams about 2 hours, which...in case you didn't know...is about how long it takes to fall back asleep.

Have I mentioned I hate that dog. Oh and it isn't every night, it isn't on any sort of schedule. It can be weeks, months, or the very next night before she will do it again. Gotta love her. Or not. I bought a no-bark collar for her and she actually learned how to make sounds in such a way that it would not go off, how crazy is that? (those sounds were awful too)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My little girl makes a really strange scary crying sound right before she chokes up a hairball. Really worried us the first time it happened.
Our cat used to do that. When I heard the sound, I would grab the cat and place her in the bathtub. One time, as I was running to the bathtub, I stubbed my toe on the door frame and wiped out, cat and all. Ever since that experience, she is dead silent before upchucking a hairball.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Our cat used to do that. When I heard the sound, I would grab the cat and place her in the bathtub. One time, as I was running to the bathtub, I stubbed my toe on the door frame and wiped out, cat and all. Ever since that experience, she is dead silent before upchucking a hairball.
Your term "wiped out" made me laugh!! My dogs are trained to "go outside" on command if they start that heaving noise. They will head for the dog door which is REALLY handy when they are successful and its the thought that counts. One day I "wiped out" because a dog was running for the dog-door and it was shut so I wanted to quick grab the plastic sleeve to open it, ended up sprawled out, thankfully missed landing on the dog. The shock of it stopped the dog from heaving at least. *oops*

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
My dog makes a coughing noise that scares me. I found out he has a collapsable esophagus which is common in small dogs. He just is trying to pop it back out. Which he does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts