Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
one of my children who is in the 3rd grade this year wears a uniform and i love it! She goes to an academy and in a world where little girls are wanting to look like 20yr olds because of media ect its nice for her to have a place to go where she can look like a 8 yr old along with all the other 8 yr olds and not have the peer pressure ect.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would love the idea of school uniforms, really, I have 4 kids you can imagine how expensive it it to dress kids in nice clothes, not even brand names but just nice clothes that are in style..
No one is judged by their clothes if they are wearing uniforms since they are all the same..

I wish the school system here had uniforms..
Eileen

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I kind of wish they would require school uniforms here. It would make life simple. I think the children wouldn't be judged on the way they dressed if it was a rule. It would also be cost effective for me. I know I could buy khakis and a polo style shirt cheaper than I can the name brand clothes my kids think they must have to compete with their peers.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I would not get out of buying the name brand clothes that my son thinks that he has to wear even if he had to wear a uniform to school. It would end up costing me more because I would have to buy two sets of clothes. School clothes and everyday clothes. In a school environment, I think it would be a better choice to have the uniforms.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If they wanted to put the kiddos in uniforms here, I really don't see a problem with that. If that's what it takes to get kids to behave and not bully on other students, as well as get them to focus on their classes and get better grades- I'm all for it. In that case, the cost of the clothes is a small price to pay.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would love to see uniforms in schools! It would reduce a lot of the peer pressure they are faced with,and since I very seldom buy special school clothes,I think it would be more than worth the cost. If there are no uniforms I don't think the schools should dictate dress codes then adapt them for certain groups of kids.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
My daughter wears a uniform and I love it! It is so nice not to fight about what she will wear to school. Plus I think it puts all the kids on equal footing to start out with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts