1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Scooters are nice... they are slow, and not good if you have to do long distances, not allowed on highways, easy targets for unaware drivers...

I have been thinking about a scooter for ages now... and if I could find one that could haul my butt, I'd get one for grocery shopping and local errands... still need something else so I can bring DD around though

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Not a bad idea for me since I only drive local but just not in my budget right now :(

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I"ve been thinking that too! Not sure about it. But for all the putzing around that I do a couple evenings a week, it costs us $40 in gas. The scooter would definitely go along way! I do most of all my stuff within a 15 minute drive,so this would be neat. I'll research it. I think DH would have fun with it too for the warmer months.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I think it would work really well for someone that didn't have kids to tote here/there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It sounds great. But....I would be afraid that someone would steal it when I went into a store.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Our road bike gets about 45 MPG....Dh rides it to work most every day as soon as the weather clears up. It's saving us about $100 a month in gas (motorcycle is paid for - cash) If you are considering any type of cycle, invest in a bright colored jacket or vest. It really makes a difference in trafffic!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
DH and I have been thinking of buying a scooter too! Isn't it funny how we are all trying to find ways to beat the high gas prices by thinking of alternative transportation? We are thinking that DH will drive the scooter to work and back and I will drive his truck.....which is only 1 mile each way from our house. I could walk, but I take DS#3 too and he doesn't think a morning and afternoon walk is fun. LOL! We are thinking of selling my car which would also cut down on insurance. We will still have DS#2's car and on cold and rainy days DS#2, #3, and I will carpool and DH will drive the truck. We don't have many cold days where we are in Texas, so we won't have to carpool but maybe a month or two.

If you get one, let me know how you like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts