Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have a scrap page somewhere of ds1 helping me bake a bar cookie or something. I took pics of his helping, and included the recipe in the page. Kind of the same idea. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I love this idea! I've seen recipe scrapbooks before-- two different ways:

1.) A group of friends each scraps a favorite recipe onto a set number of pages, then everyone trades. You end up with a whole scrapbook of your friends' favorite recipes.

2.) As family heritage cookbooks. Each page contains a photo of the person the recipe came from, or else a little anecdote about the recipe/ cook.

I love this idea, I just haven't gotten around to making one yet.

I have vague plans to do one when my sister gets engaged (which will be soon). I thought it would be a fun shower gift to ask everyone to contribute a recipe. Participants could either scrap their own pages, or else just bring the recipe on a card and I could put them into some pre-made pages.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I love them!! I think they are the coolest things....

OT but I need to start scrapbooking again.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I love them!! I think they are the coolest things....

OT but I need to start scrapbooking again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is a cool idea...Very neat for a bridal shower :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have tried to do the heritage ones cause I have all the family recipes...but they always look funny to me so I dismantle them.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am working on 2 for my daughters. I save all the cute ads from magazines to add pics to the pages. I do not want to lose all the recipes that have been passed down. Plus want to have them ready if they EVER decide to move out.(yea right)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts