Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have a budget for scrapbooking. Good for me, but I always seem to go over. I walk into the scrapbooking store, and I just *have* to have *all* the pretty new pages, even though I have no idea what I am going to use them for. I feel like I just *want* to have to store in my basement, so whenever the mood strikes to scrapbook, I have hundreds of pages to choose from, so my creativity can just flow. How in the world to curb the desire to basically own a scrapbooking store????????

·
Registered
579 Posts
same advice...use up what you have...you'll see the creativity pouring out...
its summer take it off the store....give yourself a date, like sept....and use up what you have...

·
Registered
623 Posts
I suffer from the same compulsion. I only know one person with more scrapbooking stuff than me! I even became a creative memories consultant to feed my habit. I finally had to stop allowing myself to go into scrapbook stores. I even toss my 40% off coupon from Michaels every week. It really has forced me to be more creative with what I have rather than relying on a scrapbooking company to be creative for me. It is definitely my biggest weakness though. I love love love scrapbooking!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
same as above!! I try not to go down the craft asisle of walmart because of the wanties!! I tell myself, No not until this project is finished and is a neccesitty at this time, a must to make something for someone, or big one, can I really afford it,.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Yep--- I, too, have to stay out of the scrapbook stores. I'd run in, thinking I'd get a few sheets of paper for a particular project... and end up buying lots of supplies.

One way I save is to print a lot of clipart from my computer to use as journaling blocks & page decorations. I use cardstock or photo paper. That costs me a fraction of what it costs to buy those things in the store.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh my, I have the same addiction with scrapbooking. I have sooo much stuff and not alot of time so I decided that I have to use up what I have. I plan on staying out of the stores that goes for our dollar store. Yeow, they have scrapbooking supplies also. It is never ending where you find supplies once you are hooked. Happy scrapbooking everyone and use up those supplies.
Monner 1

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I *DO* have a suggestion. How about scrapping with your friends? Then you could all share supplies! And great minds think alike, bet you could bounce creativity off each other.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, only one friend of of mine is into scrapbooking, and we have started scrapbooking together, which is great. I have papers she likes, and she has papers that I like, and we raid each others bins... lol. But it is particularly good for those "scrap" pieces of paper. Plus, she has a lot of stencils, and I just cant seem to ever buy any of those. No, I am all about the PAPER! lol...

The biggest issue is that people at work give me their photos to scrapbook for them, so I am always seeming to be in the freaking store, buying pages for their books. (They do pay me, and give me money for supplies, the money they pay is nothing to write home about, actually, it probably is an insult, considering the time it take to make a scrapbook. Some people think 20 bucks is seriously a good amount of money to give you when they give you 50 photos to put in a book. Crazy, huh? But I love scrapbooking, so I do it)

I probably should "take a break" from making books for other people, and just concentrate on my own pages. Using up what I have is a great idea.

Just for starters, I have photos of the kids finger painting, and I was looking through my hundreds of sheets, and I found the perfect pages to use. (the have paint dripping on them) So, I dont have to go back to the store to find a perfect page for those photos. YaY!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have banned myself from the craft stores. Between scrapping and sewing I have a lot of stuff I need to work through before I can go again

Kellie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts