Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shower Cleaner.
Has anyone used this? & have you tried both the cleaners the original & refreshing spa?
I just got this and have tried it a few times and like it but not so much the original scent cleaner, it smells to chemically to me.
Just getting done using it again I just thought I would ask & see what you ladies think of it.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I got one about a month ago and so far it seems to be doing pretty good. A very good frugal friend got one and liked it so much she got another for her other bathroom. There is alittle odor but I use it after I leave the bath so I real don't notice it.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I have one also. Mine doesn't cover the whole space of the bathroom, it doesn't reach the back wall. I don't know if its defective or what, but I have a regular size shower.

Other than that, I like it. It does keep most of the shower clean.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I don't have one. I don't understand how it reaches the top of the stall. But, Method (an all natural cleaner) has a daily shower spray that smells wonderful. It's a preventivie cleaner...meaning you give it one good scrub down and then you spray this stuff on it all day and it works wonderfully.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one thru Bzzagent.com and I love it. It saves me time, which anything that does that is a blessing to me.
That's where I got mine too :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I just noticed this thread... I have one and I LOVE it! :applause: It really helps keep the shower clean, especially with 4 people using it daily. I always did like the smell of Scrubbing Bubbles compared to other bathroom cleaners.

I paid around $20 for it (with a coupon). I don't know yet what the refills will cost. But I remember when I bought it I thought, for this price, it had better work!!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but isn't this considerably more expensive than just wiping the shower down real quick regularly? Just curious because I've never even thought of buying such a thing. JMO.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but isn't this considerably more expensive than just wiping the shower down real quick regularly? Just curious because I've never even thought of buying such a thing. JMO.
Some of us get the complete kits for FREE because we belong to Bzzagent.com and do campaigns & test products through them & tell people about them etc. :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I want to try this for our mildew problems. I have a friend who has the same shower/tub combo we do and she says it's cut down on her mildew problem alot. So I am going to try one, I've put it in the budget.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought one and one day it just stopped working. I changed the batteries and still nothing.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Some of us get the complete kits for FREE because we belong to Bzzagent.com and do campaigns & test products through them & tell people about them etc. :D
Ah, ok. I just noticed someone say they paid $20 for it, plus refills. But hey, if it saves time, guess it could be worth it!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I thought it was too costly.I didn't think it would save enough time to justify the price, so I skipped it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I did pay $20 for it, at the beginning of January. I spray it about 4 times each week, and I'm still on the 1st bottle of cleaner... I won't know until later how long a bottle lasts/what this means dollar-wise.

But when cleaning day comes, I use substantially less cleaner (spray Scrubbing Bubbles is my choice) less time and less muscle.

This item really was a splurge for me.... but one reason I got it was that we only have one bathroom, with nice tile and glass doors on the shower. When people come to visit it's the only bathroom... I need it clean everyday!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got one for free as well and I do not like it. Maybe I am anal about my shower doors, but they just are no where near as clean as when I do them myself. The thing left them all spotty and hazed.

The BEST thing to clean glass shower doors with is a leftover dryer sheet. Just get it wet, rub the door down with it, then rinse and dry the door. It will be perfectly clean. Plus gives you something to do with leftover dryer sheets.

As for mildew, I just leave the shower door open during the day to keep it dry and we rarely have mildew. If we do, I just mix some bleach and water in a spray bottle and mist it on. Cleans it up almost instantly.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh and was it just mine or is everyones REALLY loud! My toddler is terrified of it, it is so loud. I push the button and he runs and hides. lol

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Unfortunately my mildew problem occurs because this is one of those early 80's bubble tubs and the mildew problem begins and ends inside the stupid bubblers. I can have it cleaned up and within 2 days it starts back up. Dh is ready to seal the silly jets up with silicone, I'm just ready for something works! I have to be careful with any cleaners and that's why I hope this will cut down on the mold. I don't have doors in my shower but a curtain. We'll see, I do have a 5.00 off coupon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts