Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bringing in groceries this morning and saw something moving in the grass...it was a little brown bat waddling who knows where. Poor little thing, it's too cold(37º)for it to fly.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The only wierd thing

I saw this morning is that the Albertson's nearest me IS CLOSING!!!!! OMG!!!! Nooooooooooooo . . . . . .

Other than that - business as usual!!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Awwww, poor bat. You should try calling the SPCA in your area and see if they'll come get it. :( I love bats, they're such fantastic creatures.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
i saw something weird today too, my yard and car covered in snow...lol

I still can't believe it was in the 80's a week ago and we were at the beach in shorts, sandle and T-shirts and now there is snow on the ground. There were a few flurries yesterday afternoon and then it started snowing about 9PM and this morning the ground was covered.

I went to the bank on the way to work this morning and the teller there said she felt like going home and unwrapping Christmas presents instead of fixing Easter Baskets :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I didn't see this but My father was telling me that he has about 500 Robins in his back yard. I'd love to see that. It got too cold for them to continue migrating. He said last week there was 1000 in his yard! Unreal!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Not today, but yesterday I saw a guy dressed as the easter bunny. He was riding a bike and pulling a trailer. In the trailer was a stuffed bunny. He was just riding around in the parking lot.

I laughed so hard. It made absolutely no sense. lol

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Awwww, poor bat. You should try calling the SPCA in your area and see if they'll come get it. :( I love bats, they're such fantastic creatures.
lol, my bottom lip jutted out and i pouted for the little bat. Poor little guy! Must have been neat to see it though. i don't think i have seen one outside of the tv before. might have seen some diving the lake for mosquitos at night a few times, but never close enough to be sure it was a bat vs a bird.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Snow!!! I can't believe it is snowing!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Awwww, poor little thing. Hope he found some shelter.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Not unless you count the car that drove through the gas station building right after dh & I drove by:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ditto on the snow. We live on a dead end street with little traffic as we are the second last house. I guess it is mating season for wild turkeys, and a big tom was strutting in the street with its tail feathers fanned and wings streched out trying to impress some hens eating on the lawn.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Sleet here in south Texas in April. Weird, weird weather!

--Michelle

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I worked this morning and there is a certain lady that is always mean to all of us. She doesn't say please or thank you, she doesn't even acknowledge that we speak she just starts barking orders. AND TODAY SHE WAS NICE TO ME!

I ABOUT PEED MY PANTS!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol MrsMcDowell!
Heather, looks like another elderly person who mistook the gas for the brake, or said the pedal got stuck. Am I correct? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
The weirdest thing I saw today (actually closer to midnightish, but still considered today)...

I went to close the curtains on my slider and noticed my neighbor across the way, he must have been trying to get intimate with this wife (I hope) because he walked by HIS slider wearing a pair of thong underwear... complete with a bunny tail! (I don't know... and I don't WANT to know how the tail was staying on)

As to why I stood there long enough to see the tail... I was temporarily blinded and in shock by his glowing white orbs!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Lol MrsMcDowell!
Heather, looks like another elderly person who mistook the gas for the brake, or said the pedal got stuck. Am I correct? :rolleyes:
Correct about the mistaking the gas for the brake. But it wasn't an old woman. Just someone not paying attention :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The only weird thing I have been seeing lately is snow on the ground. It's been a long time since we have had snow in April.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya got me beat Lady V, quite the sighting. :thud:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts