Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has only been almost 2 years since we bought our van, but it feels like we have been trying to pay this loan off for forever! Finally I can see the end is near!

Dh will get paid for coaching softball either tomorrow or in 2 weeks and that should be pretty close to our payoff amount. Whatever it takes I will get the money together to pay it off by the time the July payment is due. Can NOT wait to get rid of this thing. When you have debt you just can't cash flow things as they come up (and they always come up) as easily which makes like so stressful!

Anyone else paid something off recently?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's wonderful!! Congratulations!!

Reactions: my4littlebuffaloes

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Congrats Jennifer.
We haven't paid any off yet, but I see the light and I don't think it's a train.
In the next 9 months I hope we can pay off the HELOC.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats!

We just paid off our Amex and a MRI from a couple weeks ago and in July we will finish up my last surgery facility bill. At the point we will attack the physician portion of that surgery.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Paid off a business loan and my cc in the last 3 or so months (of course, the tax return helped us kill that $5k+ amount, but we did a lot of it besides that too). We are down to our LAST debt except the house- a business line of credit started at $5985, now down under $5k...but I look at the #s and am thinking 'Why the HECK isn't it lower?!?' Then I run the math again and realize, yup, only down a bit over $1k, but we've only been working on it for about a month! Patience was never my strong suit....and we have some various unusual expenses, like a cosmetic repair to hubby's car, the business insurance, a big vet bill- that all slow us down but we are handling just fine. But i think 'Why isn't this debt LOWER?!?' til i run the math, the time table, and look at our 'unusual' expenses that crept up and fell better...slightly. Can't wait to be done with the darn thing, almost done with snowballs!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I paid off one medical bill last month giving me an extra $100 this month. Also will pay off another medical bill next month giving me another $100. Then I am going to snowball my other two medical bills. I want to get to the point of owing nothing to the doctors and having the money to pay cash up front when I go for an appointment. If I pay in cash, they give a discount. So far, I haven't been able to do that. But hope to do that soon.

·
19,119 Posts
I recently paid off the Sears CC - wasn't huge, but it is done!! Will now be working on other ones - small, but I am still paying more than the minimum on others.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Not yet, still working on my BEF, at this point I'm shooting for the lower amount of $500 just to get the snowball going. But, I've been keeping current and haven't had an overdraft on anything for...months at least, maybe a year now. I used to have this bizarre habit of using overdraft protection as if it was cash. Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Nope, no light yet. Still chipping away at it. We've managed to pay off our car, and knock out quite a bit of debt, but no light, not even a candle flicker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts