Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever sale their books online? I have some books I would like to get rid of. Some have never been read. I found a website called Cash4books.

Thanks!

Stephanie

·
Registered
966 Posts
I sold some on ebay. I made a little money, not too bad for how easy it was. On ebay (& maybe everywhere) you enter the # from the book, and all the info for the auction comes automatically about author, copyright date, even the description. I collected money thru Paypal and printing shipping labels from their site also. Books are also very easy to pack for shipping!

Good luck.... and please provide us with a link. I've found that a lot of the folks on this website have the same taste in reading!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't post the link till I get to 15 posts but it is cash4books with a .net behind it. :angel2:

Thanks for the suggestion. I just wondered how well they might sell on e-bay. It seem e-bay is so overloaded with stuff nowadays.

Stephanie

·
Registered
639 Posts
Amazon is a good place to sell books. It is user friendly, very easy to learn to set up & use an account. It is helpful to be able to research books on that site to set your price. I believe you can do book searches without having an account.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I sell mine on half.ebay.com They don't give me outright cash. I have to wait for a buyer who wants that particular book. I set my own price and half.eby.com give me reimbursement for shipping. You have to be careful because they have a set amount they give you for shipping. Once I had a heavy book and I lost money on the shipping. If I know a book is in high demand I will list it on ebay. I sold a couple of cookbooks that were in demand for $25.00 each on ebay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love selling on Amazon..I have made a little over $80.00 in a month (10 books) and spent maybe 28.00 on postage. I checked into books4sale before trying Amazon, and they only offered me 32.00 for the same books.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It was very easy to sell on half.com. I have been selling my DD's college books there. I went to cash4books, and they give you very little compared to selling them yourself on half.com.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Good to know. I am doing miserably on ebay with my books.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Half.com and Amazon is where I sell my books. Textbooks sell really well on both and in fall I made a few hundred dollars with textbook sales.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I signed up to sell a cookbook one Amazon. I hope it sells. As for my other books from what I see they have so many of them for sale that I am sure mine won't sell. I can't believe people are selling used books for more than what you can buy it new. Most of my books are relating to strong-willed children. I have to admit after today, I really should sit down and read them! :weeping: I think I will wait and see how my 1 cookbook does. There were only about 9 of them for sale and mine was one of the cheapest.

Stephanie

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I sell all of my old textbooks on amazon.com I have had a lot of success. I have tried selling books back at the end of the semester to the campus book store and they will only give me a couple of bucks for an $80 dollar or more book. Sometimes they won't buy the book back at all if the professor decided to use a different curriculum. Amazon is awesome because people from other colleges/states/countries all have access to it. Also, be sure and ask the post office to send your books using "media mail". Media mail will only cost about $3-$4 dollars per book to send. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts