Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting our home ready to sell. Our bathroom cabinets came to us a little worse for wear. They have good bones, and I think painting them would make them look brand new again. The counter top, sink, toilet, and shower/tub combination are all 6 years old and are still in new condition.

The color of the walls now is a sandy golden color...neutral. The trim is white. The accent colors in the room are dark green, dark blue, and dark red. The toilet is white, the sink is white, the counter top is a medium beige, and the shower/tub combination is medium beige. The vinyl flooring pulls it all together. It's a geometric pattern of whites and beiges. The windows have white blinds with white and green check valances.

Now my question. What color would you paint the cabinets?

Thanks for any and all suggestions....and you might see more questions like this from me. I need direction.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Without seeing a photo, my best guess would be to paint the cabinets white, with a good, scrubable semi-gloss paint. The white will probably tie together well with the toilet and trim.

How about lighting? After you paint, you may want to get a new light that also has some white in it. Lighting is an inexpensive way to improve a look.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White was what I was leaning toward, but I wanted a second opinion. Thanks! One decision down...many more to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts