Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, My husband lost his job in May 2010 and quickly found a new one in the same area of work but not with the same pay. I was a stay at home mother at the time and started to look for at least part time work. I found something part time very close to home and Min. wage. It worked out for a short time. The place husband was working at was struggling financially and stopped giving him his paychecks in Nov. So, We ultimately had no choice but for him to leave there because he wasn't getting paid. In the meantime I continue to work part time getting as many hours as I could (usually over 25 hours but not full time). A friend of ours had a ton of house remodeling he was doing so my husband has been helping out with that and getting paid. Now that is coming to an end soon.

Husband may have something new lined up soon, and we could use some luck in that working out.

But, in the short time I have been working my job they have decided that they need someone in a different position and to work full time. They have been telling me their intentions with me since I started that they wanted me in this position. They are posting this position within company very soon now. They have told me over and over again that I have this in the bag. They don't want to put anyone else but me into this position. So, next week they are asking me to work a full time week for training so I'm ready for it.

At this point I do not have the position. I do not count on things like this until I have it officially. I'm nervous, but I've been working my butt off to get this in such a short time. The company policy is to post job openings regardless. They have told me that regardless, they don't have anyone who would fit the position right now. I know things could change, the percentage of this changing is low but we all know how this could go a different way.

I'm thankful that they have put a lot of trust into my abilities and I'm a damn good worker. I'm actually over qualified for this job but I love it. Obviously it shows to them.

We really need this.. for me to get higher pay and to be full time.

Just asking for good wishes, vibes, and luck in the next couple weeks that this all falls into place.

I feel bad because I do know of at least one employee of this company who wants to be full time and from how it sounds right now, this won't be happening for her. But, I really need this and I can't let this control my feelings on this. I know I deserve this and have worked hard for this. My word for the year is fearless but it doesn't feel good knowing that someone else who deserves it may not get it because of my filling this position. Not an easy place for me to be in.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Good luck hope everything works out for you the way you wan't it to.

Reactions: writtenonmybody

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Good luck to you , keep us posted!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good vibes, good luck, prayers and all that good stuff! Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Good Luck! Let us know what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts