Frugal Village Forums banner

Send up Prayers my dd got burnt

925 views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Missy 
#1 ·
She got 2nd degree burns on her right hand and wrist. It's gonna take awhile to heal but it could have been worse. She was heating grease to make french fries and forgot about the grease. When she smelled smoke, she ran in took the pan off the stove and put it in the sink. If she had left it at that, she would have been fine, but she TURNED THE WATER ON and it exploded! Had I gotten home a few minutes sooner, none of it would have happened.

I was proud of her...she handled it well! I was running errands and got home 15 minutes after it happened. I had an angel looking over things cause I had planned on going straight to work, but something made me come home first. She kept her head about her. Thank God we have wonderful neighbors!

They gave her a shot of demerol for the pain and a tetnis shot. We were in and out of the ER within 1 1/2 hrs....They got her in and handled her injury as quickly as possible. I was impressed. The old hospitol would have taken 2 to 3 times as long. NO EXAGERATION!

It could have been much worse and I've thanked God several times each day that it wasn't worse than it is. She may have light scarring but she didn't lose any fingers and there may be some perminent nerve damage...only time will tell...lots of prayers, please!

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. You are right, it could have been worse. Thank God it wasn't. :angel2:

Keep us updated on how she is doing. :hug2: to you and her.

#5 ·
Big :hug2 :Emily, I'm so glad you didn't get injured worse. What a level headed and brave young lady you are!

#6 ·
Big hug to you & Emily:hugz: Bigtime wishes for a painless speedy full recovery.:smted:

#16 ·
How's she doing Graci?:smted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.