Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diva is 10, ten year olds should not have to be dealing with the same stress as girls 5 years her senior. Alas, teen angst is running full steam younger and younger now.

I decided that we needed a special night, just the 2 of us... away from OldMan and not having to split my attention between her and caretaking for the Ex.

I will post pics later, but I wanted to share the email I sent to the hotel (where I still AM)

I am writing to tell you what a WONDERFUL asset you have to your company; the Burlington, MA Manager now known to me as Meaghan Nestor.

Sitting here drinking my morning coffee, still in the stunning suite, watching my daughter eat her breakfast feeling as if nothing could ever top this one night stay.

On 11 February 2011 around 2p.m. I called the front desk of the hotel to confirm my reservation. After confirming, I explained to the bubbling voice on the other end identified to me as Meaghan (manager) that I was taking my daughter to the hotel for an 'Eloise at the Plaza' memory and if the check-in person could 'ham-it-up a bit' at check-in, my daughter would feel so special.

What came next I did not expect.

Jared greeted us at the front desk full of energy and a welcoming smile. He told us that the room I had booked was not available. I tried to disguise my disappointment thinking that we were booked in to a smaller room. He went on to explain the many ammenities and gave us a list of DVD's available. I just smiled as I took our key and headed towards the room.

Excitement built in the eyes of my 10 year old daughter as we approached the door of the room assigned to us. I handed her the key and told her that whatever it is, we will still make the best of it.

She opened the door and dropped her bag, running in squeeling. We were upgraded to a room with a living room. "Momma, this is even BETTER than the Plaza... thank you, thank you" I admit, I had tears rolling down my face seeing the absolute and pure joy in the eyes of my daughter.

That was not the last surprise of the stay.

Shortly after we got to the room the phone rang and it was Megan appologizing for missing us at check-in and inquired if we would be in the room in about 15 minutes.

A knock on the door revealed a smiling young woman holding a basket of pure delights for my daughter. "I heard there was a VIP staying in this room".

Stunned is the best way to describe how we both felt. I never expected her to go so far above and beyond a mere 'big to do' over her at check-in. I was hoping for a "So glad you are with us Miss, enjoy your stay". A basket designed especially for her, handed to her by the 'most senior person in the building'.

I will be recommending the Candlewood Suites to all who read my blog, my social groups and anyone within earshot.

Eloise can have the Plaza - we have the Candlewood!

·
4,028 Posts
That is so sweet.

Gads, my eyes welled up just reading it.

What a wonderful memory to share with your daughter and with the rest of us too. :)

·
27,948 Posts
That is so sweet.

What a wonderful memory to share with your daughter and with the rest of us too. :)
That was me too. How wonderful they did what they did and you are doing what you are doing. Heartwarming story.:heartsm:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awww, that is so sweet!! Tears were in my eyes as well. What a wonderful manager to make the stay so special. For your daughter. The manager will also appreciate the time you have taken to thank her for a job well done. I hope you had a great time! :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is so sweet. So glad you had the chance to make wonderful memories of with you loving daughter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As a long term hotel employee (Not @ this brand) I wanted to say we LOVE being able to go above and beyond for guests! ESPECIALLY kids.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an email. We often receive praise from our guests, but unless it's written on a comment card or a letter to mgmt, they will most likely never know about it from us :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
awww thats so sweet !!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What a wonderful thing you did for your daughter. So many people are so busy these days they don't think of the impact that one night will have on her and your relationship for the rest of her life.

And its too bad all businesses don't realize going the extra step will so improve their business

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
So glad I'm not the only one! LOL

That is so sweet, and as I told you V, you have such a way with words! Love to read what you write. Hope you and your dd continue to have a wonderful time together on your little adventure! I'm going to take my dd away sometime soon and have a "growing up" talk with her and a mom and me time.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I love finding places that offer true customer service. Good for you for encouraging it in the future, they need to know how important it is to keep focusing in that area of their business. It really does matter and your email helps them to see that.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I was going to say thank you too. As someone who worked retail for 30+ years I can tell you the times people said "Thank you" for a job well done are rare.

Bless you for taking the time to do this!

I have reservations at a hotel in Burlington next week, not the candlewood suites, alas, but I'll be sure to check them out for next year!

Judi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.