you have 24 hours to get them done

mark it off your list

Sunday
find something for dinner
finish the weekend project
make peach cobbler

#7 ·
Welcome Mom21, glad you're in!

KimB, the forum won't let me give you a WTG, but I would if I could...

So for tomorrow:
-Pay bills and reconcile myself to how much I spent this long weekend ("date" with hubs, new lawnmower and edger, tank of gas for an otherwise frugal-ish day trip, and school clothes and supplies for my nieces and nephew-- as well as some things for my kids, too, can't lie...) Ugg. :/
- Go to the gym and try to undo the yummy things I ate...
- Put away laundry
- Dishes

All in all, I really DID get a lot done the past 4 days, and we can afford it, but still... just a lot in a very short time...

#8 ·
Welcome KimB and mom21, jump in any time!

Ilovechocolate, My Dad use to tease me that there were other flavors besides chocolate, I use to ask What kind? lol

I was So busy this last weekend I didn't even post, so here it is,

sunday
all this done on the front porch, (enclosed)
washed windows inside and out, even the storm windows, ugh
soaked and washed down all the blinds (8) they were filthy
painted the ceiling
painted the walls
vacuumed
wiped down all wooden furniture
put away all the stuff that got thrown out there
cleaned off the work bench, ugh

Monday
cleaned carpet on front porch
cleaned carpet in living room
cleaned carpet in dining room
washed, hung and put away 4 loads of laundry ( Z, 4 loads!,lol)
fixed dinner from fresh tomatoes from the garden
cleaned, pulled weeds and mowed the cat pen

tues
taking the day off lol
preparing to paint kitchen, and cabinets, using wood filler and spackle
need to do another load of laundry,
make the peach cobbler I said I was making the other day

#11 ·
Hi OM! and yep I am pooped, but must keep going, have an appraisal coming up and need to get this place in excellent shape to refinance.

I'll get there, well maybe, this heat is just killing us, just wish it would cool down at least to the 80's. I didn't get to spring clean, and this place really needs a good scrubbing. I have to hurry, holiday work will be here before I can turn around, and I won't have time for much cleaning again.

Good to hear you're cleaning your car, got her running huh!?

Now for Tues, change in plans
ran the dishwasher
emptied the darn thing
cut up a roast for stew, and stir fry meat
froze 2 pork shoulders
tied up tomatoes that fell over
washed labeled and put away tomato jars, another14 jars!
peaches thawed, going to try and throw in the peach cobbler, and will eat a huge peice for Ilovechocolate, yum...
I'm done, going to make coffee and go sit on the deck, in the shade and smell the flowers!

Wed, will do it tomorrow...

#13 ·
Well, I did get the bills paid yesterday. Man I'm poor now. :) And that's not including the charges that haven't posted yet! (But in my defense, much of it was for school supplies for Sis' kids, $400 was for unplanned lawn machine expenses, Hubs overspent $150" in "work related stuff".. so if you take out everyone ELSE's spending... (yeah, I'm not buying it either...)

Oh well, this should help me NOT spend much this pay period, knowing I have $700+ in pending charges hanging over me already. ;D

I didn't make it to the gym-- too busy running around... but I DID go to a Dr appt and pick up a prescription... that was 2 hours... luckily I had a book with me.
Also did my coke points...

And this morning I did the dishes... I was HOPING that since Hubs is off last week, he'd do them without me having to ask... but nope. And we spent a looonnnggg time on homework, trying to get good habits set up for the year.

I should have gone to the store, but the one I stopped by was closed when I got there, and didn't have the energy to try another... in fact, I didn't even make dinner, just let the kids "graze." (Which they were perfectly happy with.)

And, obviously, nobody sorted any laundry :)

Today:

-Check MCR Wednesday deal-done
-De-trash the car- done
- 2 Dr appts back-to-back (didn't I swear I'd never do that again???)
- still need to go to the store (since I've planned salad for dinner and we HAVE NO salad...) :)

109 calendar days/72-ish work days left!!! Why does that seem so long???

#14 ·
What's today? It's hump day< one of my favorites! And yes I love the camel on the commerical!

Wed
work, need to get caught up
water plants
wipe down shower doors
shake out throw rugs

Ilovechocolate, I tried a new cobbler, it has a scone topping on it, was really disappointed, to me it tasted like bisquick topping, but the peaches came off the tree out front, it has smaller peaches, but they are the best tasting peaches you have ever eaten,, so.... The cobber was very, very good, even with no ice cream melted in. yum!

#15 ·
Well, got all my list done today-- that makes three therapy appts (my regular appt, a medicine refill appt, and then DD9's appt) all in 24 hours. Brutal!!! I literally feel dizzy after all that.

Got the trash out of the car and went to the grocery--twice because I forgot cat food the first time.

Tomorrow, Thursday:

I have NO idea. My head is too fuzzy from all the shrinking!!!

Actually, I may be on strike tomorrow. Hubs has been off work since 6AM Monday and will be off work until Tuesday and hasn't so much as washed a dish in that time... in fact he sat on his computer this morning while *I* washed the dishes before work.

Thursday:
DON'T cook the frozen pizza for dinner, Hubs can handle that
DON'T wash any laundry, he can handle starting a machine
DON'T cook breakfast (there's cereal in the pantry, oatmeal in the fridge, and pancakes and muffins in the freezer) or pack lunches (there's HM baked beans w/ hot dogs thawing on the counter) or in any way get the girls up or dressed before going off to work for the day (school is closed tomorrow, so that's not as heartless as it sounds...they'll sleep in , dress in whatever, eat whatever)

Yep, that to-DON'T list sounds great!!! ;D

#17 ·
I didn't get the porch cleaned but I did get paperwork and laundry done.

pinetree, I've made only two peach cobblers this summer. I think I should do another one this weekend when both kids are home.

For Thursday:

1. Put away laundry
2. Work on cleaning and pricing yard sale items
3. Help DH in his project in organizing the basement

#18 ·
ilc, peach cobbler always sounds good to me, bet your kids will love it too! I'm done baking until this heat lets up, I hate having the oven on when it almost 100 outside and the ac's running full blast.

Got caught up in work yesterday, ended up working until 10 last night

Thurs
shake out rugs
work, must get these done today
find something for dinner, I really need to come up with some kind of menu plan

I cannot wait for the weekend, maybe will take a lazy day, yea right. We bought 2 cabinets and a bookcase last night so hoping to get them put in place and get some kind of organiztion,, oh blahhahahaha, like thats going to happen!! hahahaha...

Zhoen, Good Luck with your Dont do list, I have tried that, and all it did was get me further behind!

#20 ·
got 3 done

Friday!!
clean carpet under table
clean off bookcase
wash windows
run dishwasher

We bought new table and chairs, so now I have to get the old ones out and clean up for the new, plus I haven't gotten to the new bookcases and cabinets yet, going to be a busy weekend..

Have a great weekend everyone!

#24 ·
Well it's monday, We got alot done this weekend with alot more to do
back porch, laundry room
got the old cabinet emptied and hauled out
got the new one in, its alot bigger so I got alot put in it, all my laundry soap, foil, rags, vinegar stockpile fit in it
cleaned out all the cabinets and decluttered
wiped down the floors and walls.
it looks alot bigger and so clean

got the old dining table torn down, kids want it
the new one it 6 inches longer than what we thought, so had to move alot of stuff to get it to fit in, It looks awful big in here, but think we have to get use to it,
the carpet was dirty under the old table so scrubbed the carpet with a brush and wiped it with a clean cloth, would have been alot easier to get the steam cleaner, but can't get to the closet it is in, there are 2 bookcases in front of it, I have no idea where we are going to put them, maybe downstairs for my canning jars.

It's suppose to cool down this week, maybe I can do some baking.

Monday
empty dishwasher
laundry
wipe down cupboards on back porch
find dinner

#25 ·
Well, on Saturday I relaxed and got the kitchen floor clean... but Sunday I got hit with some kind of dizzy-making-exhausting-head-cold thing and didn't do a derned thing but lay very still with my eyes closed. Today DD9 expressed similar feelings, and I still had a rotten headache, so I took the day off from work.

It took all day, mainly because the headache kept compelling me to rest, but I did get the office cleaned out. I still have one box of records to go through as well as two boxes of memory-stuff (photos, souvenirs, drawings the kids've made...) to find a home for... those are in the hallway creating a hazard... but I just couldn't bring myself to stack 'em back in the office after spending the whole day clearing it out!

On the upside, I found a spa gift card from Christmases past, as well as the draft of a story I wrote for DD9 when she was only a baby... been looking for that forever!

Ran one load of dishes, and Hubs washed some laundry and folded some towels. Oh, and I dumped (literally, the sprayer didn't work anymore) the last of an old bottle of roundup on some weeds in the driveway, so that counts for "work on the yard," right? And hung up a "tree face" we got a while back off freecycle. :)

Pretty good for a sick day...

Tomorrow:
-work on washing and organizing all those kitchen things I took out of the office (for the remodel)
-still need to vacuum
-laundry... endless laundry... every time I go to visit the Jamestown museums, I'm JEALOUS of their 12x12 huts and their two changes of clothing (as in, one on the body, one on the peg.) As usual, it's mostly clean, it "just" needs sorting and folding and hanging and delivery to the right closets...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.