Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out here make custom barbie clothes??? I am looking to replicate my Track & Field Uniform from college to have a barbie wear as part of our grooms cake topper for our upcoming wedding. I could probably makeshift something but if I could get quality I would keep it on my desk at work FOREVER! (I'm a track coach now). If anyone could give me hints on how to make the pattern or would be willing to do some work quickly (wedding is oct. 14th) and I would pay PLEASE let me know!!! :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Can't help you but am pretty sure that making Barbie clothes caused my mom's first nervous breakdown :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
did you check joanns for a pattern that looks similar to the design you want then you can tweak it. I did this for american girl for my nieces cheereleding outfit

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good ideal Molemommy. I will have to check into that

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved! Mom to the rescue...she went through all of my old barbie clothes and found a sweatshirt with my college emblem on it...its not quite the same as my idea of the track uniform, but it will save a lot of headache trying to sew something soooooo tiny

·
Registered
479 Posts
Problem Solved! Mom to the rescue...she went through all of my old barbie clothes and found a sweatshirt with my college emblem on it...its not quite the same as my idea of the track uniform, but it will save a lot of headache trying to sew something soooooo tiny
Great that you found something that works. If you were going to sew it...I would do it by hand, not machine. They are so small it doesn't take that long and it's a lot easier to manipulate, turn etc when you are just doing it by hand. I even made my daughter an American Girl shirt by hand (I am not a great seamstress...understatement of the year, and gathering, especially, gives me fits)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts