Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone sew for their pets? I have Yorkies but am not good at making things for them. Could use some help for simple shirt for small and smallest ever Yorkie:rollsmile.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Make it easy on yourself and just buy a baby shirt for the dog from your local thrifty.

Reactions: Ceashels

·
4,028 Posts
Larabelle, that is a great idea.

I was thinking you could "remake" an old shirt to fit the Yorkie by using the double sided iron tape to make hems.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I would go to the pattern store (Joannes here). A lot of times patterns can be on sale for as little as $1.99. We made coats w/ straps for Mackey (the biggest of bigs). DD made him a cape for Halloween too.
If thats too intimidating you could go to Big Lots and get one less $10. Or hit the S.A. on 5/$5. day. Get a Jersey sweatshirt in the kids section?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would purchase a pattern at JoAnn's when they are $1.99. THere are several to choose from. Then you can use scrap pieces of material or even clothing you were going to donate. Yorkie's don't take much material for coats. you should be able to whip out several for very little money. You can even add a little skirt if you make the coat smaller and add a large ruffle on the back. Oh cute little yorkie!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yorkies are so cute. We have a Great Dane so there's a big size difference between our girl and a Yorkie! LOL! I made her a coat by taking an old sheet and just cutting out something bigger than I thought we'd need. Then I just kept trying it on her till it looked about right and used that for a pattern. It was hard finding patterns for dogs her size so that worked well. I wish I had more tips to help.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
OT,,when I first read the title of this thread, I read "Stewing Dogs". I'm glad you are sewing, not stewing! Carry on. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts