Frugal Village Forums banner

Sewing machine help

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Contrary Housewife 
Most fabric stores have sewing classes which might be beneficial for you...not so much to actually learn how to sew, but how to use all the attatchments! Honestly, I learned to sew as a kid and I don't even know what the attatchments on mine do! I pretty much use the same foot for everything! :)

I think I had the same problem with an old machine of mine. It would stitch a straight beautiful stitch on top, but when you flipped the material over, it was all loose and looped and bunched up. I ended up taking my machine in and having "maintenance" done on it at one of the sewing shops and it only cost me $20, and it gave me several more years that machine, so it might be worth it to check it out. They clean it and tighten things up...I think something was loose in the bottom, which caused the problem!

I get material at garage sales! You'd be surprised how many other people buy too much, then sell it for super cheap at garage sales! I also use old clothing for quilts and stuff. I try to recycle, so I almost never have to buy new material!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.